Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

obbession with baking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
over the past week i have made and not really eat the following:

Peanut butter cookies, nut roast, chocolate cake, bread and i'm thinking of making Jam tarts due to the surplus of jam in my fridge...

yet i only ate 1 cookie, a slice of the nut roast, none of the bread or chocolate cake....

does anyone else do this?

Comments

• Options
    if I give you my address can you post me the bread, and possibly some cookies? :D

actually, I'll take the nut roast and the chocolate cake if you're not guna eat them too :yum:
  • Options
    no send them my way....I wanna eat that sort of stuff but I've got that much on ATM I haven't got time to be baking. My little girl is start to complain that she's got no cookies or cake for her packed lunch - apparently shop bought biscuits just aren't the same :yum:
  • Options
    Yeah, i do it all the time. It drives my boyfriend bananas :)
  • Options
    no send them my way....I wanna eat that sort of stuff but I've got that much on ATM I haven't got time to be baking. My little girl is start to complain that she's got no cookies or cake for her packed lunch - apparently shop bought biscuits just aren't the same :yum:

always good to be appreciated :D

I wouldnt mind some of my mums cakes right now either!
  • Options
    Sometimes, though try to even it out throughout the week. Always make a dinner from scratch or bake something everyday.

Today it's marble cake and, as the oven's on, cherry tomato and parmesan tart/quiche.
  • Options
    Fancy comin bake stuff for me lol i really fancy homemade cookies and cakes now :( might have pop round my nans lol
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I'm pretty rubbish at baking tbh, fairy cakes are about my limit. So you can come round and teach me, then I will eat it and we can be happy :D
  • Options
    Last time I baked something it was chocolate cake - I made a big one (sandwiched together with some chocolate butter icing) and some smaller ones for lunches... I can't eat them :impissed: Whenever I have one I get a horrible fizzy taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of for ages! I thought it might have been too much baking power so I went and bought some self-raising flour. My partner now informs me that he doesn't get the fizzing when he has them, and neither does our daughter so I'm at a loss! :confused: Oh well, at least I'll never forget to put the baking powder in (been there, done that :blush: )
  • Options
    chocolate allergy?
  • Options
    chocolate allergy?

God I hope not! :lol:

I think I put too much baking powder in, wouldn't be surprised as I'm constantly being interrupted when baking :mad: