Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

seeing things move...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For a good few years now i have been seeing things move, like the walls moving in and out and wobbling, and inanimate objects wobbling and bending. It's like i have taken something, but i don't take drugs. I had my eyes checked and they're fine. It happens quite randomly, either well or unwell, stressed or not stressed. anyone know what it may be?
and i have been to the doctor about it, all i got for an answer was,
' stress effects us in different ways..'

i'm not convinced it is the result of stress though.
someone suggested it could be my mind playing tricks because i am tired. if so, then i am tired a lot...

Comments

• Options
    or someone spiked your drink a lot
  • Options
    Maybe its something your eating that your allergic to!
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    Maybe its something your eating that your allergic to!

perhaps.
  • Options
    It might be the liquid in your eyes sort of swimming. Happens to me when i stare at something too long.
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    It might be the liquid in your eyes sort of swimming. Happens to me when i stare at something too long.

explain..? please

it sounds odd...but could be right
  • Options
    wow dude u hilluscinate without drugs far out man but the doctor saying 'stress affects us all in diffrent ways' what a joke hahahaha he make me smile
  • Options
    indeed
  • Options
    Maybe you have Irlen's Syndrome. Are your eyes sensitive to light? Do words move onpaper when you're reading?
  • Options
    I hallucinate 24/7 though it is because of drug use so can't help you there.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Maybe you have Irlen's Syndrome. Are your eyes sensitive to light? Do words move onpaper when you're reading?

yes actually there are times when my eyes are sensitive to light, i just thought i was ill. And yes there have also been times when i have seen words move around, also when i look at the stars, they appear to move. i will research that syndrome..
  • Options
    hmm..well i just looked it up and i don't think it is that..
    that syndrome seems to be more to do mainly with reading and writing difficulties, where as my problem just happens with ANY object.
  • Options
    Maybe you can see through dimensions :O
  • Options
    hmmm..:chin:

rockin
  • Options
    you should go back to your doctor and demand tests if you're worried
  • Options
    Have you seen an optician? Don't know if that would be any more relevant but might be worth a try?
  • Options
    maybeh
  • Options
    I answered yes to both of those questions. I've just looked at the Irlen site, and it seems I may have it. Which makes sense really, considering my mum and sister both have ADHD and they think I may have it too. I also have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome which has links with depth perception problems.

So, thankyou for bringing that to my attention... You may have sorted all my problems out!!! :heart:
  • Options
    I talked to my tutor about this... now he thinks I am a psycho...he doesn't have to say anything, I can see it in his eyes. :crying:
  • Options

Oh. That would explain why I read in the dark with one eye closed... Intriguing.

I also see walls etc move from time to time. I just always figured it was just my eyes adjesting to movement or getting bored at staring at one thing. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Oh. That would explain why I read in the dark with one eye closed... Intriguing.

I also see walls etc move from time to time. I just always figured it was just my eyes adjesting to movement or getting bored at staring at one thing. :crazyeyes

you read in the dark with one eye closed, how on earth does that work?
  • Options
    u eat a lot of mushrooms?
  • Options
    I get this all the time. I see things move when they're not, i see things that aren't there, i mistake objects for something completely different. I didn't realise it meant there could be something wrong with me though, just thought i was a bit tapped.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I get this all the time. I see things move when they're not, i see things that aren't there, i mistake objects for something completely different. I didn't realise it meant there could be something wrong with me though, just thought i was a bit tapped.

do get feel confused sometimes aswell? like your mind thinks that something is something else... for example a bottle of ink, is your mother? lol and yes i know that is highly random and odd...
    but do you...just get confused...sometimes..:eek2:
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    do get feel confused sometimes aswell? like your mind thinks that something is something else... for example a bottle of ink, is your mother? lol and yes i know that is highly random and odd...
    but do you...just get confused...sometimes..:eek2:

Well i looked at a pile of leaves and my brain was telling me it was a rat. Not that it even looked like a rat, just my brain sometimes tells me what i'm lookin at isn't really what i'm lookin at.
  • Options
    I dnt think its really unusual tbh quite a lot of people get hallucinations like that. Even people who dont do massive amounts of drugs. Could easily be stress related though, stress has all sorts of weird effects on people
  • Options
    thats interesting. have you told your doc about it? or had anything else like that happen?
    i have had a few moments like that you see, sometimes little hallucinations or confusions and i'm slightly concerned now.
    have you had any viral infections recently?