Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How can I keep my shoes tidy - random

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have probably 30+ pairs of shoes ranging from kneehigh boots to flimsy pumps. My bedroom is quite small so the only room for them is under the bed, but they get so messy!! I've tried laying them out pair by pair but they take up three rows and I can't reach the ones at the back. Then I tried putting the smaller ones in boxes but there wasn't enough boxes and I couldn't tell which were in which. I need a simple solution, but I can't afford any fancy shoe rack type things. Any ideas on how I can keep my collection under control?

Comments

• Options
    I'm a bloke and have the same problem - I have about 30 pairs.

My only solution, as being a bloke they're all pretty bulky, is to throw things out regularly... Shame as most are still in good nick! :(
  • Options
    Ikea shoe cabinets :yes:
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Ikea shoe cabinets :yes:

Will they fit under a bed? thats the only space I have!
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Will they fit under a bed? thats the only space I have!
    Hmm, not really, they're stackable though so it could double up as a cabinet to sit stuff on maybe. This is them.

What about those under bed storage boxes with wheels that slide under your bed?
  • Options
    I have a funky silver and see through washing basket with a lid on it, I keep em in there
  • Options
    go to your local shoe shops and see if they have spare boxes, a lot of sale item shoes dont come in boxes and they tend to pitch them

failing that, u can pick boxes up from ikea, wilkos etc

once you've got enough boxes, write on then whats in what

e.g write on one "silver strappy heels" and on another "red peep toes" so you know what is in each box
  • Options
    What's the clearance under your bed?

If the underbed boxes don't fit (clear plastic things, from wilko/woolies) then try the soft ones aimed at storing clothes. That's what mine are in under my bed. Not ideal but it helps. Also limits the dust.
  • Options
    what about something like this or one of these?
  • Options
    I love some of IKEA's names for stuff :D
  • Options
    The bed is quite low so little show racks won't fir but those underbed boxes look like a good idea! I had a box for some of the shoes once but they got so messed up it was hard to tell what was in there :( Ah I have too many shoes
  • Options
    Is there no room to attatch it to the wall? Or what about the hall way? We keep most of our shoes on a rack in the hall way.
  • Options
    We can't attach anything to the wall as its a rented flat. The hall is narrow and there's no room in the bedroom :(
  • Options
    Woolies have on sale come containers that are designed to fit under a bed, may even have little wheels on them, not sure - but whatever it was they were on sale 2 days ago.
  • Options
    I got an underbed box yesterday but if won't fit them all in ARGH so I'm gonna have to go buy another one haha
  • Options
    How about something like http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13402647&RN=302 or http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2429343&cp=1331610.1331980&view=all&parentPage=family where you just hang something over a door, like the inside of a closet door or something?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    can you not just shove the extra ones under there and grab them when you need them?
    Or is that just me being a messy cow?!
  • Options
    Thats what I do now but I can't find them when I need them and also I forget about the ones that get pushed to the back and they don't get to be worn :(:(
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Is there anywhere else you can have a show rack? I have one in the hall way.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I love some of IKEA's names for stuff :D

I have a couple of norwegian friends who, when you go to IKEA with them, will wander round saying "oh, that means useful" or "oh, that means boring". Some of the names are random :yes: