Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

emotional pain turning into physical pain, what can i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My life feels like it's just getting worse by the day...

Emotionally, i feel fucking crippled, but this is turning into physical pain, chest pains, my IBS is getting unbearable, my exzema is getting so bad, my skin is raw...i feel like i'm getting a panic attack coming on as i'm writing this...I really hate saying this but...i don't know if i can cope any more...

what the fuck do i do??

Comments

• Options
    Have you been given anything for any of your problems?
  • Options
    in the way of medication no...therapy yes...
  • Options
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=115644 - You pretty much asked the same thing there.

See a doctor.
  • Options
    yeah sorry i'm repeating myself...have seen doctor and she laughed and told me that i should go buy a new dress and eat ice cream...incredibly helpful or what?
  • Options
    yeah sorry i'm repeating myself...have seen doctor and she laughed and told me that i should go buy a new dress and eat ice cream...incredibly helpful or what?

I dont mean to sound harsh but some doctors are so fucking shit it's unbelievable and have no idea on how to come with problems like this. Don't give up and pursue the help that you are entitled to..even if it means changing doctors. Everything you described is a result of the stress you're going through. The only things I can think of is to find a way to unburden the stress even if it means just talking to someone that you trust or even getting out all your worries on here. A thing that can help is relaxation; whatever you do to make you unwind..It could be reading a book or even mediation. I think you need to give yourself some TLC but it is worth seeking medical attention. I can imagine the symptoms that you said are pretty uncomfortable and definitely aren't going to help you relax.
  • Options

go to a different GP and gets some proper meds.
  • Options

:eek2: You really should see a different GP if you find that the one you have seen is useless.

Peppermint Oil (which I'm on as Colofac made me worse) might help with your IBS.
  • Options
    i am not taking anti depressants, i really don't need them...

Unfortunatly there is only one doctors surgery which i am in the catchment area for, i will try the other one, but they have said no to other people on the grounds that there are not enough surgerys...

I am having psychotherapy, but unfortunally i don't have many friends that haven't got a lot of stuff on their plates...

I will get through this...and I've started to feel better today, i baked a big chocolate cake :D (baking=great therapy), i do still feel very angry, partly at myself and others...maybe this is just part of becoming a better person in the end...but by god it hurts...
  • Options
    I wouldn't recommend anti-depressants to be honest - they only mask the problem and don't solve it, which I disagree with. They also make some people go weird, in my opinion. Anyway, I would suggest trying to get to the root of the problem(s) by maybe seeing a councillor or another form of therapist. And continue to bake :)