Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I need cake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
With lots and lots and lots of chocolate content.

I may have failed my practical Air Traffic Control exam today. :crying: I'm trying to be optimistic but after having done everything correct the IDIOT pilot didn't climb at the time I told him to and was only five minutes from a boundary point when I dscovered it and am pretty sure I reacted wrong and earned a loss of seperation = instant fail. On hindsight I should have added another restriction but it was still a bit shit.
Then I am also pretty certain I got a 'technical' by forgetting to have another aircraft report distance from a VOR beacon. They were both far enough away but I don't like this whole 'never assume' rule. wah wah!

I have no idea how I'm going to distract myself for another 24 hours when I'll be informed of whether I passed or failed. :( I have had a smashing week with harder exercises and was on such a roll and now this happens and I can't stop playing it over in my head even if I know it's of no use. Thankfully I can re-take it on Saturday if I indeed failed. +sigh+

I'm home alone if anybody feels like dropping by with some cake!

Comments

• Options
    I'm in Iceland and for this round of training they're putting us (given that I don't fail :lol: ) in three places, two towers (BIKF and BIRK) and then the majority will be trained for controling en-route flights, both domestic and oceanic.

I haven't wanted anything so badly for a while now. Gotten the adrenaline out of my system but I'm still not too hopeful that I passed. If not, I'm going to ace it on Sat. No other option!
  • Options
    awww good luck with it, i am sure you'll be fine even if you fail you'll be fine on the second attempt.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

I cannot offer your real cake, so I hope that virtual will do.

At least you have a second chance with it, if it really has gone wrong.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll take anything I can get! ;)

Almost bought chocolate when I had to go out earlier, but where I went they didn't have my favorite kind so I decided to wait.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Thanks! I'll take anything I can get! ;)

Almost bought chocolate when I had to go out earlier, but where I went they didn't have my favorite kind so I decided to wait.

Very restrained, I must say!! In that situation, I probably would have gorged myself on whatever they had!!! :lol:
  • Options
    I have minstrels?
  • Options
    I had a toffee crisp which so owned, it tasted yummy while on my break
  • Options
    Iceland have a delish frozen choc gateux
  • Options
    Like pushing tin
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Iceland have a delish frozen choc gateux
    I think shes from the country ICELAND not in the shop :lol:
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I think shes from the country ICELAND not in the shop :lol:

you don't say
  • Options
    Yo! Don't diss Icelandic candy! Some of it is not special, but the dark chocolate + liquorice is yummy. :yum:

I'm thinking that if I fail I'll buy some chocolate, and if I pass I will also need to. :yes: Win-win situation! :thumb:

I talked to one guy who did the same exam as me this morning and the most likely bad parts for him are with the same aircraft as in my exam. Crossing my fingers for both of us. Five hours until I can call.
  • Options
    I passed with 90 pts (out of 102) and one technical. The one who answered told me the exam had been harder than they planned for it to be so that if we got a sep loss it would have been downgraded to a single technical (two technicals => sep loss => fail). But it didn't affect me so yay!

My technical was so stupid. I only had to ask one pilot one short question to be on the safe side but of course I forgot the simplest part of the complicity I was doing. :rolleyes:

But woo! A reason to get some choccies!
  • Options
    congrats! it's airtraffic control right (think you mentioned it before)... I was actually considering that before I went to uni... went round one of the places and it was designed to be really ambient and relaxed so people off shifts or on breaks could destress lol, wish i'd done it now!

does that make you fully qualified to do the job now?
  • Options
    lol, yeah, I had a class on work environment and the guy teaching was telling us about how they had painted everything in the area control center the 'least noticable colour' (which is damn ugly, but it's true that you sort of don't notice it). They also have a special room with a TV and couches purely for them to rest in their breaks, a private gym in the building. They're taken quite good care of. :)

I'm not qualified yet, nope. I'm still doing a basic course which I now have only one part left of. Was finishing the procedural part and next we get to use the radars which should be a little easier! After that I get a three month summer holidays and then I start working for my qualifications. I quit uni when I got in (they only take in applicants every now and then), and I love the challenge. It's a huge routine job, but it's engaging for sure. :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yaaaaay! Congratulations :D
  • Options
    work hard play hard i guess :D