Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stress is getting the better of me...again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
after having a difficult break-up, i'm actually feeling very stressed and my normal coping stratagies aren't working...

my exzema is awful, and very painful, and all the creams and lotions aren't working...aqueous cream, emolient cream, E45, cocoa butter, even steroid cream! and the waiting list to see the dermatologist is about 6 months, by which time it might have cleared or i might be else where...

I'm eating ok, even though i do still have a decreased apetite, and i'm sleeping reasonably ok, but i'm very tired, i'm getting every bug going round, and i'm pretty emotional, and getting panicy all the time, but just about managing to stop in turning into panic attacks...

i'm having psycho-dynamic psychotherapy once a week, and i'm kind of feeling this isn't enough. I haven't got many friends to be talking to, but the friends i have got are either going though much harder stuff, i.e. parents dying, or they are frantic with exam prep...

i'm starting to feel pretty isolated, and i must seem so desperate to my friends because i'm begging them to take me out with them on weekends...

what do i do?

Comments

• Options
    First you need to cope with your stress, eczema, bugs, ill health are probably all down to that. I'm no expert on coping mechanisms though, but things like writing list of stuff to do, or stuff you're worried about, so it's not swirling around in your mind but is on paper where you can tackle it one at a time, might help.

As for the friends, if you're finding they're quite busy and you've often not got anything to do, could you try joining a club? Exercise for example is a great stress reliever, I'm sure there are sports based exercise classes, like that boxing / dancing one. You could always meet people there as well.
  • Options
    i'm really finding exercise has dropped way down my agenda...i really can't be bothered right now, its not fun for me especialy as i'm falling over all the time...

finding friends in london is so hard...
  • Options
    I "may" be able to help with the Eczema, A friend of ours her daughter had it really bad and steroid cream didn't work, however they tried some cream from a company on the island and it worked really well apparently, Lolzabeth knows more bout it than me but it may be able to help, gimmie a pm if your interested.

also if ya just wanna chat drop me a line :)
  • Options
    I found diprobase worked for my eczema. Also you might want to try something called Oitlatum (I think that's how it's spelt) which is a body wash type thing I think.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    I found diprobase worked for my eczema. Also you might want to try something called Oitlatum (I think that's how it's spelt) which is a body wash type thing I think.

Oilatum Emolient? I think she mentioned that?

Though when I had eczema bad I would pop a capful into the bath and it worked so well.
  • Options
    Porridge oats strained into a bath through some muslin is great for soothing eczema.
  • Options
    my exzema is awful, and very painful, and all the creams and lotions aren't working...aqueous cream, emolient cream, E45, cocoa butter, even steroid cream! and the waiting list to see the dermatologist is about 6 months, by which time it might have cleared or i might be else where...

I find this cream from Barefoot Botanicals useful -

http://www.barefoot-botanicals.com/shop/sos-skin-rescue-cream.asp