Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fall Out Boy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I want to know if anybody likes them.

I'm expecting mainly no and abuse, but i realised a couple of weeks ago that i love fall out boy and have done since the first album and i wont be ashamed of it anymore :thumb: pure catchy pop!

plus pete wentz is really fit.

*waits for fall out boy are rubbish comments*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    They're ok. I can listen to them, and half enjoy it. Some of their songs bug me though.

And Pete Wentz is not fit :p.
  • Options
    I love them :D
  • Options
    I've got the lead songs of both their albums on the briPod and they're alright to listen to. Wouldn't go and see them live or that, plus they're the kind of band sceney people would rave about when they first came out, but then dis-associate themselves when it became less cool to like them.

Good on ya Elisa, I like people with no musical shame like me ;)
  • Options
    Pete Wentz got his cock pics displayed on the net, didn't he? :lol:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Pete Wentz got his cock pics displayed on the net, didn't he? :lol:

Yes, he did :p silly boy that he is.

I went to see them at the end of March, they were brilliant. Although I couldn't stand most of the kids in the audience because yep, they are scene kids. They are bloody good live. Love Patrick, he's one of the few singers who actually sounds way better live ... and bless Andy and his afro, that boy likes to give it his all on stage.

I'm not ashamed to say I love them. :yippe:
  • Options
    Yes, he did :p silly boy that he is.

I went to see them at the end of March, they were brilliant. Although I couldn't stand most of the kids in the audience because yep, they are scene kids. They are bloody good live. Love Patrick, he's one of the few singers who actually sounds way better live ... and bless Andy and his afro, that boy likes to give it his all on stage.

I'm not ashamed to say I love them. :yippe:

ive seen them twice and im seeing em again at leeds this year...but yeah, every time i go i get annoyed by all the scene kids, especially the girls. they come out of the gig looking perfect because they've not danced or anything, last time me and my friend were dancing near the front and this girl would give us the dirtiest look everytime we even touched her...its like, move out of the way if you dont wanna get shoved, its a gig!

i buy cds all the time but the only CD i've really listened to constantly recently is infinity on high, all the songs are so goddamn catchy! third albums can be dodgy i think but theirs isnt.
  • Options
    I like them lots :) But i've lost the most recent album of theirs :(
  • Options
    Sugar We're Going Down is actually an immense song. I love it. Dance, Dance is alright too, but the rest of their stuff is shit and they in general are a bunch of goons.
  • Options
    Dont put baby in the corner and grand theft autumn rock :thumb:
  • Options
    Daed on arrival and sugar :thumb:
  • Options
    Daed on arrival and sugar :thumb:

Dead on arrival is alright too I guess.

Not really my kind of music but Sugar We're Going Down is such a tune!! Lol It really is a fucking tune!
  • Options
    i think they try too hard to have 'stage presence' and get their reputation as being a good live act.

all that spinning round fast shit they do, when they dont even play fast riffs or keep it in time with the music lol.

I've liked a couple of their songs for 3 or 4 listens when i saw them on TV occasionally, not a lot of depth to them though, they get boring really fast. =/
  • Options
    They're catchy as fuck, but they're also annoying as fuck.

They have universal appeal though, so erm...aye...they have lots of fans, I guess.
  • Options
    Generic watered down emo aimed at teenage girls.

Next!
  • Options
    Grand Theft Autumn is the only song i like.

Its a little ignorant to say that they arent a mass appeal audience pleaser much like the Good Charlottes, Linkin Parks, and who ever else filled the needs of whatever trend was fashionable.
    As long as no ones under any illusions of them being the next Rolling Stones or anything wheres the harm.
  • Options
    No likey.

The only song I'll ever listen to is "Our Lawyers..." I don't know whether to call it emo, punk-emo, or whatever else but it certainly isn't real rock.
  • Options
    ibanezdude wrote: »
    No likey.

The only song I'll ever listen to is "Our Lawyers..." I don't know whether to call it emo, punk-emo, or whatever else but it certainly isn't real rock.

Yeah exactly but who says its real rock anyway? iv never heard anyone say it is.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Sugar We're Going Down is actually an immense song. I love it. Dance, Dance is alright too, but the rest of their stuff is shit and they in general are a bunch of goons.

:yes: played it at a club I was at and everyone went mental..it's such a hyper song..apart from that I dont really dig fallout boy.