Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mini rant!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Boyfriend went onto contract recently, so I've started asking him to ring me occaisionally rather than wasting a lot of credit in texts.

So, why when I asked him to ring me before 9pm tonight, did he agree, and then not ring?! :banghead:

I'd asked him on Sunday to ring me yesterday as well, and he didn't, or was planning on leaving it until 11 or something stupid, when he knows I go to bed before 10.30 most nights. Grrr. :grump:

I'm not texting to remind him, and if I wake up to my phone ringing later I shall moan. :yeees:

Comments

• Options
    Boyfriend went onto contract recently, so I've started asking him to ring me occaisionally rather than wasting a lot of credit in texts.

So, why when I asked him to ring me before 9pm tonight, did he agree, and then not ring?! :banghead:

I'd asked him on Sunday to ring me yesterday as well, and he didn't, or was planning on leaving it until 11 or something stupid, when he knows I go to bed before 10.30 most nights. Grrr. :grump:

I'm not texting to remind him, and if I wake up to my phone ringing later I shall moan. :yeees:

Why don't you ring him?

He's probably down the pub with his mates and forgot.
  • Options
    Some people just have crap memories when it comes to ringing. My boyfriend hates speaking on the phone anyway! Don't take it personally :)
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    He's probably down the pub with his mates and forgot.

No chance! He's about as antisocial as they come.

He doesn't like speaking on the phone particularly anyway, and I imagine he got so into his game that he forgot.

I'm not ringing him because I only topped my phone up last week and have already spent over half of it (where as he'll have loads of call time/texts left), and because I have a 9pm curfew on using the housephone would you believe it. If I'm on past 9 thats it, cue "get off the phone, it's late". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Texting is so much better! :D
  • Options
    okay personally id recomned you go onto contract as well cos its actually so much cheaper.
    I do sympathise my boyfriend does this alot it used to be me calling him all the time or speanding loads on texting him but ive pretty much trained him now cos he has more free minets than me.
    I didnt like talking on the phone but you get used to it and he should do it just for the fun of talking to you if you cant afford to text him.
  • Options
    Without meaning to be harsh.....It's up to him if he rings or texts you. You can't *make* a guy contact you and surely you want him to contact him when he wants to, not because you have asked him to?

And then to moan at him because he hasn't call when you asked him to? Most guys really don't like being told what to do or being moaned at, in my experience.

I don't really speak to my bf on the phone, we just text and save the talking for when we're together. Much better. My ex used to ring me 10 thousand times a day and it got on my nerves, there wasn't even anything to say.

It doesn't mean someone isn't thinking about you if they don't call you all the time. I think if you get too much of something or someone it stops it being so special.
    :)
  • Options
    I always forget :D

But my girlfriend is used to it so she doesn't mind (I think)
  • Options
    My fella rarely phones me and generally only when it's late and I've sent him a text saying please call me if you're awake I need to talk to ya. But it doens't bother me. I'm quite happy chatting to him on msn most the time at night and via texts during the day when he's at work. I generally only phone him if I've been on my own all day and I really want to have spoken to someone during the day or I'm getting lazy and can't be arsed typing any more as well or if I just need to rant at someone about something ;).

He'd prob forget or not call on purpose if I'd told him a few days earlier to phone me by a set time. Telling someone what to do so precisely gets on their nerves normally and if he's anything like my fella his stubborn I'll do what the hell I like when I like side will show, but I quite like that...getting my own way all the time bores me. :)
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Without meaning to be harsh.....It's up to him if he rings or texts you. You can't *make* a guy contact you and surely you want him to contact him when he wants to, not because you have asked him to?

And then to moan at him because he hasn't call when you asked him to? Most guys really don't like being told what to do or being moaned at, in my experience.

I don't really speak to my bf on the phone, we just text and save the talking for when we're together. Much better. My ex used to ring me 10 thousand times a day and it got on my nerves, there wasn't even anything to say.

It doesn't mean someone isn't thinking about you if they don't call you all the time. I think if you get too much of something or someone it stops it being so special.
    :)

:yes:

I think the same about obsessive texting too (even if you don't get to see each other much, I think its weird). It comes across as really clingy and eww.
  • Options
    capo2 wrote: »
    Texting is so much better! :D

Agreed me and my boyfriend hate talking on the phone

But if its really getting on your nerves talk to him about it or else he wont know its annoying you and he wil carry on
  • Options
    No chance! He's about as antisocial as they come.

He doesn't like speaking on the phone particularly anyway, and I imagine he got so into his game that he forgot.

I'm not ringing him because I only topped my phone up last week and have already spent over half of it (where as he'll have loads of call time/texts left), and because I have a 9pm curfew on using the housephone would you believe it. If I'm on past 9 thats it, cue "get off the phone, it's late". :rolleyes:
    WOW, and your a few days younger than me, thats really weird, I've so fogoten how much parents can be annoying, 9pm, late.. :( why not ring him n ask him to ring back
  • Options
    Most guys really don't like being told what to do or being moaned at, in my experience.

I'd say that goes for most people, really. The point being that if he says he's going to call/agrees to call her before a certain time then he should damn well do it. It's just bad manners to not bother. If I asked my boyfriend to call me at a certain time, he agreed and then didn't bother I'd be pretty hacked off.

In reality, I HATE talking on the phone with a passion so it's a non-issue. But - unlike Kate's boyfriend - neglecting to call has never gotten me into trouble simply because I don't promise I will :thumb:
  • Options

Well actually I asked him to call me specifically to sort out the plans for the rest of this week rather than bouncing texts back and forth, so it wasn't for a chat, which I wouldn't be bothered about, because I'm quiet on the phone too. Before 9pm as I needed an early night, although he eventually rang at about 10.15 and woke me up. :rolleyes:

I've considered contract but I have some major reservations about it.. a) I'm paid weekly not monthly, b) I already have a large monthly outgoing, c) My credit use can vary drastically depending on what I'm doing with the horse, so I wouldn't know whether to go for higher texts or minutes, and obviously d) there's the risk of spending more than I have. There's also the advantage to PAYG that Mum occaisionally tops my phone up. ;)

We never really used to speak on the phone anyway, maybe once a month I'd call just to say good night if I hadn't spoken to him at all for a few days. Or he'll sometimes ring me if he's stood waiting for a train. I agree that with some people it can be excessive (like my ex, every day, during tea, for an hour), but I really don't think one phonecall (as it would've been if he'd rung on Monday) was too much to ask for.
  • Options
    :yes:

I think the same about obsessive texting too (even if you don't get to see each other much, I think its weird). It comes across as really clingy and eww.

Why is it weird?

As for the OP - I wouldn't get annoyed by it, it's not like he forgot your birthday. It's just a phonecall. I don't understand why you wouldn't text him to remind him, either. It's not like he's done something really really wrong.