Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

An original thread!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, was on Microgynon, had my 7 day break, went to get a new strip out the box to take a pill that night, empty!
That was about 3-4 weeks ago.
Im not bothered about it for contraception as im no longer with my partner but it regulated my periods, made them lighter and less painful, and made my boobs felt fuller in their cup size, and since ive been off it they're not anymore!!
Point is if i got some more would it be ok to go back on it or would i just be messing my body around with stopping and starting?

Comments

• Options
    Go to the the doctor/gum clinic?? Tell them exactly what you've put here and they will be able to tell you the best course of action...
  • Options
    I'm sure it'd be fine to go back on. You might get some side effects (particularly odd bleeding) from the slight chopping and changing, but from my experience, your body soon re-adjusts.

You can have a chat about it with whoever you go to to re-prescribe them, anyway :)
  • Options
    the reason i ran out is because with work i have difficuly making/getting/be able to go to doctors appointments, but as i work at a hospital im sure the Family Planning Clinic would let me have an appointment, or go in my break and see someone.
  • Options
    i took microgynon for about a year then came off and started again about 6 months later and it was all okay
  • Options
    You shouldn't have a problem going back on as long as you follow the instructions as to when to start... something like the day after the last day of your period or something...
  • Options
    thanks. didnt get chance to go to the FPC today but ill speak to my doc next week.