Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So annoyed at life!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there everyone, This is my first post apart from the one introducing myself!

I feel so crap at the moment....I am a single mum and I am also studying. I find it really hard work and it's getting me down.

I have been single since I was 24 (I am now 29!) and im so sick of never meeting anyone half decent. :banghead:

Don't get me wrong, I have had silly little 'flings' along the way but they just don't fulfil me anymore :mad:

Up until this week I was 'seeing' someone. He was basically a f**k buddy, but I did really like him. I ended it for my own sanity.....now I am missing him but I know I was right to finish it as he was literally just after sex....I know I am worth more but the lonliness really eats away at me. :grump:

Somwtimes I do think he wasn't actually single and that is why he just wanted sex....I just don't know.....It all just added to my own crap or non existant self esteem in the end.

I would really like to meet someone, It's like it's just not meant to be right now. It makes me really frustrated. I have a daughter who is absoultely gorgeous, I am intelligent and not bad looking, everyone is always telling me iIm attractive and they can't understand why Im single etc etc.

Sorry, Just needed a rant! :impissed:

Comments

• Options
    I know it's sometimes quite hard being a single mum looking for somebody - know two people in a similar situation and they're both absolute sweethearts.

You've maybe hit the nail on the head there when you said maybe it's not meant to be justnow? Everybody feels like that sometimes, don't dwell on it though, get yourself out there as much as you can and I'm sure he'll come along sometime :thumb:
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel hun i'm in the same boat
  • Options
    23 and single... hardly fancy anyone anyway.
  • Options
    Hon, like you said yourself and Bri-namite said; maybe it's just not the right time. Get on with life, make the most of it, enjoy being a mum and the friends you have and when the time is right the right person will come along.
    Maybe a man isn't really what you need right now, are there any other changes you could make for yourself that would make you happier?
    And you never know, as soon as you start seeing what you've got to be happy about and affect some positive change, the perfect man for you might turn up!
    Personally, I've never found that specifically looking for someone ever did me any good, the right person's turned up when I've been perfectly happy within myself.
    Don't worry hon, when you're meant to find the right guy, I'm sure you will, chin up! x
  • Options
    Personally, I've never found that specifically looking for someone ever did me any good, the right person's turned up when I've been perfectly happy within myself.

:yes: I always get told this.
  • Options
    generally the harder you look, the more crap you find... you'll find the right guy eventually. and in the mean time, being single 'aint that bad :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all your kind replies- I have cheered up a bit since I last posted! :)

I am currently training and I think I just need a pick me up every now and again......it's like wading through mud at the moment! :crying: