Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Race for life 2007

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey everyone!

I am doing the race for life (again) this year!! Hoping to beat my time of 26 minutes last year. And also trying to beat my sponser money of £186 which i raised last year. In doing this I am asking you to sponser me. You can do it securely online with a credit or debit card at http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Jenniwright07 , it will only take a couple of minutes and will make a great difference for Cancer Research UK.

So does everyone want to share their stories on this thread of training and how your fundraising is going?

Thanks Jenni
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm doing it this year and i ain't looking forward to it but i can't get out of it now. Links in the sig if you wanna sponsor me but i ain't too bothered if you don't. Should get me nice an fit though.
  • Options
    I'm doing it again this year too..did it in an hour last year, but we did have 2 young children walking it with us!
  • Options
    I'm doing the Playtex Moonwalk instead this year. I seem to go on and on about it all the time though so I won't go into any real detail. It's a marathon. That you walk. At night. In a BRA. Need I say more. 4 weeks left to go.

Training going well. 16 miles this weekend and last. Lots and lots of blisters.
  • Options
    oh, I was going to sign up for that midnight bra walk but chickened out! goodluck all you cahrity walkers/runners.
  • Options
    I've already sponsered a couple of people, although i'm sure after i get paid again i'll have some more money around to donate for one of you lovely ladies

Either way good luck on the run and more importantly on raising lots of money
  • Options
    Loopi wrote: »
    I'm doing the Playtex Moonwalk instead this year. I seem to go on and on about it all the time though so I won't go into any real detail. It's a marathon. That you walk. At night. In a BRA. Need I say more. 4 weeks left to go.

Training going well. 16 miles this weekend and last. Lots and lots of blisters.

Do you practice in a bra as well .. :)

I saw something like that in London years ago, was like 50 women walking down the street in their bra's - with buckets to collect donations along the way - obviously something to do with breast cancer research.
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I am doing the race for life (again) this year!! Hoping to beat my time of 26 minutes last year. And also trying to beat my sponser money of £186 which i raised last year. In doing this I am asking you to sponser me. You can do it securely online with a credit or debit card at http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Jenniwright07 , it will only take a couple of minutes and will make a great difference for Cancer Research UK.

So does everyone want to share their stories on this thread of training and how your fundraising is going?

Thanks Jenni

BTW Clicked on the Donate Button .. and it said ..

justgiving_logo.gif
    Due to emergency maintenance being undertaken by our credit card processor, Barclaycard Merchant Services, we are unable to process your donation at the moment.

We apologise for any inconvience caused and hope to have our payment facility restored as soon as possible.

Please try to make your donation again later.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Options
    Do you practice in a bra as well .. :)
    Nah ... I don't think the public should be subjected to the sight of my breasts on too many occasions if I'm honest. :blush: