Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anniversaries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are they a big deal to you? Not talking about marraige ones as such, more 1st, 2nd year of being a couple etc.

Our two year anniversary tomorrow, and I have this slight sinking feeling that he's going to sleep in or something. Happens a lot on Sundays, and I will be devastated if this is one of those. :(

I don't think it's such a big deal to him, or if it is he hasn't shown it, but it is for me. I've risked a lot on him, lost friends because of it etc, and because of the type of relationship problems we've faced, holding onto him for two years is quite the achievement. :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    It's not really to us, in the early days I suppose so but we've been together 6 years now and his memory is shite so I dont expect him to make a fuss.

If tomorrow is a big deal to you though then you should make a big deal regardless of if he remembers or not.

Happy Anniversary :heart:
  • Options
    I secretaly wish they were, but Ed doesn't know the date or even how long and the one time I said something he said *shrugs* so? So no, anniversaries are not a big deal to me ;) I think the thought of even recogonizing something is nice, to know at least they care.

Happy anniversary to you though! :heart:
  • Options
    I think I'm a bit of a bloke when it comes to anniversairies, don't remember when they are, couldn't give a twunt about them.
  • Options
    very important to me, and my fella, we make a big fuss of each other

hope you werent disappointed this morning x
  • Options
    our anniversary in on my birthday so hopefully won't have that problem....unless he forgets my birthday
  • Options
    Ermm we always do something for anniversaries, but I know full well he drops hints for about 6 months before to make sure he knows when it is. We do tend to celebrate alot of things though, even if it's something little, so I suppose anniversaries just come under there.

Happy anniversary to you though, glad to know you've come through all problems and arew still going strong :)
  • Options
    I celebrate the anniversary of my adolescence everyday by having a wank!
  • Options
    Anniversaries are pointless.

Then again, I don't like making a big deal about my birthday etc. nevermind a meaningless calendar date when I met someone.
  • Options
    We try to do things for our anniversaries, but only the big ones - yearly really. Gets a bit expensive otherwise! And it's a race between us to say 'happy anniversary' to each other first as well :D
  • Options
    our anniversaries are kinda celebrated but its on my best friends birthday and shes gona be 21 this year so i imagine itll be her day, its annoying cos his bday and our anniversary come within 2 weeks of each other which means its an expencive month for me...i jus think its nice to celebrate the day that we met cos its had a huge impact on our lives (like most relationships i supose)
  • Options
    hope you had a gd anniversary btw!
  • Options
    hope you had a good anniversary, i never remember the day i meet guys really, so if i had had an anniversary (i.e. the silly ones like 1 month, 2 months, 6 months etc) i wouldnt really know, but i think a year i would make a bit of a thing about it. But ive never had one. :crying:
  • Options
    Thanks guys! It wasn't a bad day, although I think he half forgot, or didn't put 2+2 together. :rolleyes:

Didn't do anything special, but I'm skint as is he so we hadn't planned on going out at all. Saying that, easter/valentines was naff last year and this year he really made the effort, so here's to a year's time! :hyper:
  • Options
    i'd hate to think that i can fully express my love for my partner only once a year... anniversaries should happen everyday. love cannot be measured by mere hours, minutes or years.
  • Options
    Nah, I could take or leave anniversaries. I couldn't tell you when mine is. If I was with someone who wanted to celebrate them though, I'm sure I could rise to the occasion :)
  • Options
    Been with my boyfriend 3 or 4 years, I don't even know when our "anniversary" is. So no.
  • Options
    Not bothered by them - I don't know why some people get upset about them at all (which usually gets me in trouble).
  • Options
    It is (or, will be, having never got that far) a big deal to me when it's stuff like year/2 years etc. I count months just so that I remember, and so I don't suddenly get a shock when I think "oh god, it's been 8 months already" (which is tomorrow, as it happens...).

Our anniversary is only 5 days after my birthday though, so we're gonna do something quite big, I think. Alton Towers...or something...*shrug*.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The only anniversary that I remember is our wedding one. We don't celebrate when we first hooked up or had sex or whatever. I wouldn't be able to tell you those dates anyway. I struggle enough with our wedding date ...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    shadow wrote: »
    Yeah its not easy remembering your anniversary.:no:

I am always one day out. I even booked the reception for the wrong day!