Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Graduation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm graduating this year (if all goes to plan :nervous: ) but I have no idea what to wear!

Does anyone have any ideas, or would like to share what you wore or are wearing for your graduation?

Comments

• Options
    I wore some black flair trousers, smart flat pump shoes, and a shirt.

My friends mainly wore long skirts, and shirts or a plain smart top
  • Options
    We have a dress code and you are only allowed to wear black or white or traditional Scottish get-up. I'm going to get a nice fitted white blouse and probably black trousers since I never wear skirts and don't want to be uncomfy on the day. Being comfy whilst sitting for however many hours and not wearing shoes that will make me fall over are my priorities! :blush:

You'll be covered up by the robes anyway so its just the visible bits you have to worry about- and worth checking out if there's an official dress code before you splash out on coloured shoes or something. :)
  • Options
    Like Silverhalo said, most of you will be covered up anyway but I just wore some black pinstripe trousers and a white fitted blouse and some flat pointy shoes.
  • Options
    the people we get our outfits from suggest that you wear a shirt with buttons so it's easier to attach your hood. :)
  • Options
    Our graduation infomation letter didn't say anything about dress code. I wanted to wear something nice to go for a meal after. I don't normally wear shirts and skirts (unless I'm at work!)
  • Options
    I wore a pale pink fitted shirt and a black skirt, i think. We had a dress code, and were told it'd be easier to attach our hoods to something with buttons.
  • Options
    I wore a pale blue shirt with a smart knee length skirt and black leather shoes.

About three people in my session wore scarlett patent leather stillettos :eek2:
  • Options
    my graduation gown was navy so i wore a navy skirt, white blouse and navy shoes
  • Options
    Mu uni must be quite strict then because it is black and white right down to the shoes! Ahh tradition....saves me having to worry about a fashion contest though :)
  • Options
    silverhalo wrote: »
    Mu uni must be quite strict then because it is black and white right down to the shoes! Ahh tradition....saves me having to worry about a fashion contest though :)

Also it saves you looking back with embarrassment in a few years time at bad fashion choices! I think traditional formal wear all the way for graduating. Remember those photos will still be on your parents mantle piece when they're 80...
  • Options
    i didnt have a clue what to wear for mine last yr. Just wore black coullots (cant remember how to spell!) and a blue crochet top with flaired sleeves. Oh and black strappy heels. Was beautiful day - weather wise!
    Most of my friends/people there wore boring black trousers and white shirts. I needed something different.