Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Glade Festival

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone been? whats it like?

I really wanted to go to glastonbury this year, but thought it was during my exams for some reason so didn't sign up...then realised it wasn't agh!!

Anyways, I guess glade festival would be my next choice. I've done Reading festival 6 or 7 times and its fun but the last few times I went it was full of 14yr old grungers and its kind of lost its appeal.

The only reason I'm a bit skeptical about glade is cos I went to global gathering a couple of years back and didn't really enjoy it. To be honest, I only had a day ticket and it was pissing down with rain so that might be partly the reason. I also went to Cream last year which was ok but I wasn't overly impressed. I've been to a couple of dance festivals abroad and have enjoyed them more (probably because the weathers nice etc) but I guess I fancied staying in the home country this year...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    What's Glade about then? I've not really heard of it before, but Im really into the festival scene. Missed out on Glasto tickets too so would def be up for another festival (other than Reading, of course!)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I haven't heard much about Glade, but if you're really into the dance scene then the Southport weekender is supposed to be really good. It's not camping - you get self catering chalets! May is sold out already, but there's another one in November. Global is also better if you get a weekend ticket. But yeah, damn british weather ;)
  • Options
    Glade festival is an electronic music festival...so more techno / breaks & dance. www.gladefestival.com
    The line-ups not announced yet but it was pretty good last year, and its in the middle of july so better chance of good weather!

Yeah that southport one looks good thanks Helen, but November is too far away! I have been considering going to Bestival since your review a while back, and am also tempted by the secret garden festival but might be working there instead.
  • Options
    i've been to the glade every year since it started and it's my favourite uk festival - fairly small, so quick to get from one stage to the next and easy to find your mates when you lose them; it's also very, very friendly and seems to have far fewer destructively pissed wankers than some other festivals. the organisers went to the burning man festival last year and i believe are now planning to incorporate some more arty stuff - am looking forward to seeing what shape that takes.

it's also had glorious sunshine every year so far - probably because, as pink soda said, it's in the middle of july.
  • Options
    I've not been, so can't comment personally but i've been told it smells wonderful, like Jasmine on the back of Ylang Ylang with hints of blueberry
  • Options
    Haven't been but heard alot about it on a differnet message board, looks brilliant, i'd def go if i could but i'll be in LA at that point so doesn't look like it'll happen.
  • Options
    Had a great time when i went, as others ahve said it's quite a small fetival in size but seems a lot friendlier than other festivals i ahve been to.

Being able to find people and get from stage to stage a lot easier is also a refreshing change.

Main thing seemed to be psy-trance, breaks and techno the year i went. Also the weather was gorgeous which does help a lot.
  • Options
    Glade Is In 8 Days Wooooo!