Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Olive oil bath

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night I had a bath and put lots of olive oil in it. I even put my hair in it. I heard some old woman with perfect skin swore by it.

Anyone else did this, and what were the effects? Right now my skin is soft, but my hair is uber greasy.

Comments

• Options
    I use baby oil - cheaper. But have a shower after
  • Options
    I use olive oil on my skin and almond oil in my hair. The oil works as an intensive hair conditioner, but at the end of the day, it is oil, which is essentially grease, so you should wash your hair thoroughly afterwards or it'll turn into a giant greaseball....
  • Options
    Olive oil in your hair?? That just sounds pretty yucky!
  • Options
    I use baby oil to take off my makeup sometimes and put it on after the shower, also you can mix it with sugar to make a scrub. I have pretty dry hair - I colour it a lot - sometimes I massage some baby oil, olive oil, veg oil whatevers handy in before i go to sleep, put a towel on my pillow, sleep in it and shampoo it out in the morning, then condition as normal, it's really helped my hair which has been bleached before and which i straighten everyday!
  • Options
    Yeah wash Your hair again.
  • Options
    Woopy doo, left it on over night and my hair is a radiant mass of luxurious locks. Im certainly doing that again! And my skin feels really soft too :)