Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eastenders at the moment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who thinks its absolutely dire at the moment?

I've been watching Eastenders for more than 10 years (yes, sad I know!) and this is the worst time I can remember..well perhaps apart from the strange Asian family with a Portugese name, the Ferreras.

Characters keep talking about topical issues like global warming and the smoking ban, it makes me cringe, it's like an old Aunt trying to be trendy.

There are no decent story lines, strange characters that appear for one or two episodes and then disappear and the script is awful.

What can they do to make it better? I remember watching it in the past and really enjoying the acting, eg when Stacey had an abortion, when Dot helped Ethel to die, etc.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i agree its got shit. For about the last 12 months all the stories seem to be about new characters, like these sudden people that turn out of knowhere.

Like stacys brother and the whole of kevins family, i never know whats going on
  • Options
    I quite like Eastenders at the moment! I love the Stacey and Max storyline and also the Ben and that witch story.

Although just recently I hated the Dot and Jim & the random baby storyline. And that yorkshire grandad with glaucoma. Actually I just hate all storylines with old people in them :razz:
    Eugh and don't get me started on those 2 randy oldies with da jamaican accents man
  • Options
    Bert used to be awsome when he first arrived, just a background character that would piss around all day with Jim
  • Options
    I want to know what the climax for this stella and ben thing is going to be, surely phil will find out at some point and something major will happen... you know how he likes to over react. The script writers have made him a bit stupid lately, to fall for all stella's tricks...
  • Options
    It drives me mad watching Stella. I want to hurt her so much!!!
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    I want to know what the climax for this stella and ben thing is going to be

I've heard rumours about the ending to this, not sure when it's all meant to happen though...
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    I've heard rumours about the ending to this, not sure when it's all meant to happen though...

What have you heard?

I could really hurt the woman too but parts are quite funny.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Characters keep talking about topical issues like global warming and the smoking ban, it makes me cringe

I actually laughed out loud at a few bits in last 'enders episode, thought it was hilaaaaaaarious. :lol:

It's all about Hollyoaks, man.
  • Options
    I'm not watching EE at the moment as it's so shit.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »

what have you heard nikki...?
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    what have you heard nikki...?

Will PM you both :) It's not particularly specific, but I've known a few people say it.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the Psycho Stella storyline, I think she is a great actress and Ben is playing his part pretty well too and I think the climax of this story will be good, whatever it may be! Most of the other storylines are piss poor though, in comparison to some of the other soaps which I think are quite cleverly written this one is at the bottom of my list.
  • Options
    i have an on-off love affair with eastenders. sometimes i like it, sometimes i'm like 'god why do i watch this!'. it's the same with neighbours. :p
  • Options
    That fight was brilliant! :D
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    Ben is playing his part pretty well too

Haha, I think he could quite possibly be the worst child actor.. ever. I want to feel sorry for him, but I really can't help but laugh every time something happens - he's that awful.

I'm not paying much attention to it at the moment - it's been pretty cack for ages.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    That fight was brilliant! :D

Haha, wasn't it just?

I was chanting going "PATTTTT! PATTTTT! PATTTT" :lol:

Stella is really beginning to scare me!!! She is so nasty! Poor Ben :(
  • Options
    The Stella storyline is so cool. Well not that childhood abuse is cool but I think the woman who plays her is a really good actress.

And Max well what can I say my brother calls him a 'legend'. He's a great character too...

So my two favourite characters are Max and Stella
  • Options
    Pat should have given her a proper pasting.....loved her face when she said "I think we better take this outside"