Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Another Emotional F**K wit!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a rant really......I was seeing someone up until 2 weeks ago....It was a f**K buddy relationship....his choice actually, I always wanted more but knew he wouldn't give me more so I finished it!

The only way to get rid of him was by telling a little white lie that I was 'dating' someone and it looked like it was going to be permenent so told him I couldn't 'see' him anymore!

He was acting all cool etc but today I start getting messages saying "I hope he treats you well- better than I did"

And basically saying how he is such a knob and how he wanted to date me.

The thing is, I know for a fact that If I turn round and become avaliable, He will run a mile!

What is it with these people??

(He has really got under my skin cause I do like him!) :grump:

Comments

• Options
    Just a rant really......I was seeing someone up until 2 weeks ago....It was a f**K buddy relationship....his choice actually, I always wanted more but knew he wouldn't give me more so I finished it!

The only way to get rid of him was by telling a little white lie that I was 'dating' someone and it looked like it was going to be permenent so told him I couldn't 'see' him anymore!

He was acting all cool etc but today I start getting messages saying "I hope he treats you well- better than I did"

And basically saying how he is such a knob and how he wanted to date me.

The thing is, I know for a fact that If I turn round and become avaliable, He will run a mile!

What is it with these people??

(He has really got under my skin cause I do like him!) :grump:

I was like that with a lad I was seeing, unfortunately you need to steer well clear of those lads - they're not at all boyfriend material!

You'll find one soon enough, and you'll have a gay old time with them. Just unfortunate you need to go through the shit blokes until you get one!
  • Options
    It sounds like a case of what he now wants he can't have which makes you attractive even more.

When someone is available at times you just want a little flirt here and to enjoy being single at the same time. However now you are taken, he can't have that, maybe he's kinda wishing he picked you up while he had the chance.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I was like that with a lad I was seeing, unfortunately you need to steer well clear of those lads - they're not at all boyfriend material!

You'll find one soon enough, and you'll have a gay old time with them. Just unfortunate you need to go through the shit blokes until you get one!

I know :banghead:

I always have a little voice in my head saying "What if...." etc but I know I would regret it if I went back.....need to be strong! The amount of times I have thought "What if they have changed" and they never do! Really like him, this is going to be hard! :banghead: :grump:
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    maybe he's kinda wishing he picked you up while he had the chance.

This is why I am having a weekness! :mad: I am thinking maybe he has come to his senses! But I know he hasn't...he is probably missing the sex! :grump:
  • Options
    Stick by your guns, you are probably right. If he honestly does like you, he will wait that's for sure.
  • Options
    Stick by your guns, you are probably right. If he honestly does like you, he will wait that's for sure.

He would have to get down on his hands and knees begging if he wants to ever take me out! God he makes me fume! And the guy is intelligent...he's a police officer which turns me on even more! :blush: Arrggghh!
  • Options
    This is why I am having a weekness! :mad: I am thinking maybe he has come to his senses! But I know he hasn't...he is probably missing the sex! :grump:

Ah, i didn't realise you was giving him that :p in that case, yeah i agree unfortunately :grump: but like i said leave him to it and see how he is around you, if when you become *single* again and he's still around and saying what he is doing now then you could maybe give the guy a chance. Just be careful though, he sounds like a heart breaker and we don't want you getting hurt.
  • Options
    Just be careful though, he sounds like a heart breaker and we don't want you getting hurt.

He is not your typical heartbreaker...I don't know, there is just something about him I really like (probably the uniform....haha). I am quite scared of commitment too so I think we are alike in that sense....a bad bad combination :no:
  • Options
    If you are both commitment-phobes then (in my experience) you just end up dancing around each other until it goes horribly wrong. I think you are just going to have to lay your cards on the table with him - let him know you like him but you aren't prepared to be messed around. If he freaks then he obviously wasn't being sincere in the first place. I should also learn to take my own advice LOL
  • Options
    If you are both commitment-phobes then (in my experience) you just end up dancing around each other until it goes horribly wrong. I think you are just going to have to lay your cards on the table with him - let him know you like him but you aren't prepared to be messed around. If he freaks then he obviously wasn't being sincere in the first place. I should also learn to take my own advice LOL

This is exactly what we do....tease eachother, get on and then back off, round and round and bloody round!

I need to stay away from him really but don't know if I have the strength.....I mean when I get a 'lonely moment' it's going to be tough :nervous:
  • Options
    Mate of mine going through a similar thing to you I think at the moment! Think I may be in a similar position too. Sounds like a shit. I think if you are with someone like that find some other guys to have around as back ups, keep them in your life at the same time. Try keep an open mind.