Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

urgh. Hard to read someone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There is a girl i see often/is part of my group of friends.
Now ive always thought she was pretty fit but wasnt all that bothered about trying anything..well past couple of weeks we've spent quite a bit of time just the two of us like after nights out when others have gone to bed etc and i can feel myself starting to fall for her. fuck.
Anyway, she is a major head fuck - her ex bf wants her back, she doesnt seem that interested in that but i think he is screwing with her head a bit. She also has quite strong feelings for one of my/her best mates, has slept with him a few times but he doesnt want to get with her so is just kind of leading her on i suppose.
Anyway, as i say we've been getting a fair bit closer these past couple of weeks and i really cant read her at all.
Normally i can tell if someone likes me through their body language/behaviour etc but she is just confusing.

Its a very screwed up situation i know, when im trying to get with a girl who is hung up on my mate and has her ex hanging around messing her head up.
Last night we were in a club and me and her were dancing really close, hands all over each other etc and i thought fuck it, make a move so i went in for a kiss. I was pretty drunk at the time and im really not that sure what happened, i think she kind of pulled away, but straight after she was getting closer to me without kissing, turned her back to me, took my hands and put them round her and onto her belly so we were pretty much just hugging and swaying :lol:

Anyways, my mate thinks she is interested but there is something holding her back (possibly that the guy she likes is one of my best mates?).

Not quite sure what advice I'm after, any appriciated. Just wanted to get it off my chest i suppose.

Oh and sorry for the grammer, I figured it still makes sense though?

Comments

• Options
    I can sing you a song about hard to read girls. Actually just about one hard to read girl, but she is a mystery...

I had to stop bother (actually not, I still do), but I don't see the sense, because I rather find the world-formula instead of grasping her.

dunno why i posted this, maybe it feels good someone has compassion :D
  • Options
    Ahh mate, I feel for you.
    I hate to say this, because it's probably not what you want to hear, and I know you'll probably go for it anyway because I know what it's like when you really like someone.
    BUT it sounds like you could get really hurt if anything serious happened between you. It just sounds too complicated and almost like you'd be her second choice. I dunno, I don't know her or anything so I can't really talk...but that's just what it looks like from where I'm sitting. I could be wrong, but that's just my advice.

Good luck anyway.
  • Options
    I dont *really* like her, tbh i think i just want to get with her because she's shown a bit of interest but theres still the challenge there.
    I cant see me going out with her or anything because i just dont want that right now after having only just come out of what was nearly a 3 year relationship.
    I'm just quite enjoying the closeness and the chase, and it does help that she is pretty damn fit!
    Just wish i could tell if she fancys me back or not..
  • Options
    icey wrote: »

Ha - don't we all wish we knew that! :)

It sounds like she *likes* you a bit at the moment and that she's probably unsure of how to tackle the situation and doesn't want to rush into anything she or you might regret.

Best of luck.

• Options
    icey wrote: »
    I dont *really* like her, tbh i think i just want to get with her because she's shown a bit of interest but theres still the challenge there.
    I cant see me going out with her or anything because i just dont want that right now after having only just come out of what was nearly a 3 year relationship.
    I'm just quite enjoying the closeness and the chase, and it does help that she is pretty damn fit!

Ohh, well if you're not after anything serious then just go for it mate.
    If she's really hot than that's an even bigger reason to. lol. There is no way for us blokes to tell if a girl likes us, we just got to take the chance and find out.