Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seeing Someone/Going Out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

How do you know when things move from 'seeing each other' to 'going out' I know this is a stupid question but I've been seeing this guy for5/6 weeks I think now stayed at his a few times etc people know about me and him but I dunno whats the score!!
I've tried to ask but didn't quite happen and I don't wanna scare him off!!

Comments

• Options
    Just ask him if you can call him your boyfriend
  • Options
    Just say "wanna go steady?"
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation... confusing, and annoying :impissed: Just wanna be able to call him my boyfriend, but don't wanna ask, incase he tells me to go away
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation... confusing, and annoying :impissed: Just wanna be able to call him my boyfriend, but don't wanna ask, incase he tells me to go away

glad i'm not the only one!!!
    I mean he still stays at home and his Mum & Dad and that ave met me a lot and that too
    Grr
  • Options
    well - describe to him conversation in which you referred to him as either "my boyfriend" or "the guy i'm seeing". hopefully he'll then say either "guy i'm seeing?that's it? :crying: " or else "so i'm your boyfriend now :eek: ". of course, the downside is that he may just ignore it, but every time i've done it its got a reaction.
  • Options
    well - describe to him conversation in which you referred to him as either "my boyfriend" or "the guy i'm seeing". hopefully he'll then say either "guy i'm seeing?that's it? :crying: " or else "so i'm your boyfriend now :eek: ". of course, the downside is that he may just ignore it, but every time i've done it its got a reaction.

Hmmmm good sneeky plan, hehe :thumb:
  • Options
    I thought once you left school those sayings were obsolete?
  • Options
    i lost a guy once by callin him my bf too early.....tread carefully...

lol maybe just ask him, but if hes not that kinda guy and you think it mayb scare him then do it slyly! I can really give god advice as i have messed up in that region bfor!
  • Options
    Stary Eyes wrote: »
    Hi

How do you know when things move from 'seeing each other' to 'going out' I know this is a stupid question but I've been seeing this guy for5/6 weeks I think now stayed at his a few times etc people know about me and him but I dunno whats the score!!
    I've tried to ask but didn't quite happen and I don't wanna scare him off!!

that's just fucking linguistics... who cares?
  • Options
    Well several situations I've been in. This guy I was seeing someone called my boyfriend infront of us. So when we were alone (and slightly tipsy), I said 'so Mr, am I your girlfriend, or some girl?' And he said 'I think we're good friends'. 5 months later, I realised this was because he did actually like me, and was trying not to hurt me, as had noooo time for a relationship.

Next one, i was very casually sleeping with this guy, his friend said I was seeing him, another of our friends mentioned that I was seeing him, and then one of his friends was hitting on me, so I said I was seeing him. Remember folks, sleeping with does not equal seeing. He was a bit pissed at that one, so I haven't seen him since. Twat.

Out with new girlie last night, we have been seeing each other as friends, with a little bit of kissing since we met, but were sitting in the club kissing etc. And I said 'If I could date girls like you, I'd never go back to guys', and she said 'well aren't you?'. Which was a good answer. So now I know I'm dating her. (Not girlfriend yet)

Its best to do it subtley though.
  • Options
    As a guy myself, I can't believe some guys are actually scared off by girls, to the point where they'll dump them, just for calling them their boyfriends. Guys like that give the rest of us a bad name. If you've been seeing him for that length of time, everybody knows about you and you stay round his parents I think it's pretty safe to assume you are a proper couple. Just ask him. And to be honest, if he reacts drastically and runs a mile, perhaps he isn't what you're looking for anyway?
  • Options
    Am I the only one that very rarely ever gets properly asked out? Things just happen, everyone finds out and we both class it as fact that we're b/f & g/f.