Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dribbly Cat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Maya's been under the weather today, been on the sofa sleeping most of the day and dribbling a lot. She had an op on friday and thought she might have and infection but you can touch the op site and her tummy and she's not in any pain. She hasn't been out so she can't have eaten something that doesn't agree with her, like Hyacinth.

I'm wondering if i should take her to the vet or if she's just having an 'off' day ?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm has she eaten any catfood or owt? If she's not quite right I'd take her. Don't wanna risk it:)
  • Options
    Just give the vets a call and speak with one of the nurses, if they think there might be a problem they will ask you to take Maya in.
  • Options
    Yeah, they think it's best to bring her in so got an appointment for 5.10
  • Options
    Maya is a beautiful name, hope she's ok?
  • Options
    Well, vet opened her mouth and her tounge is red raw, looks like it's been burnt :( Vet says it's either a chemical burn (she's licked something in the house, but God knows what) or it's a common viral infection cats can get.

She's had some painkillers and a long duration antibiotic and some special high calorie cat food (which she loves :) ) as she hasn't eaten all day.
  • Options
    Aww I'm glad she's ok and you took her, tis always best. My cats are always doing such stupid things, my baby is currently hunting baby rabbits for sport as its spring.:rolleyes: they are cute though.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Well, vet opened her mouth and her tounge is red raw, looks like it's been burnt :( Vet says it's either a chemical burn (she's licked something in the house, but God knows what) or it's a common viral infection cats can get.

You haven't frontlined her recently have you? I did my kitten, who is clearly much more flexible than i give her credit for, and she licked it - and went around dribbling for a while. I rinsed out her mouth and as she seemed ok i wasn't too fussed.

Glad to hear she's ok though :)
  • Options
    They have been frontlined, but that was about 2 weeks ago.
    Glad to hear she's ok though :)

Thanks. Well she's eating again. Gonna try her on some cat milk too to get her drinking.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Maya is a beautiful name, hope she's ok?

I had a friend who named all her animals after countries. 3 cats Japan, Malaysia and Persia. 3 dogs, Russia, China and Burma. 2 Parrots Africa and Java.

Was going to call them Maya and Aztec, but i like Persia alot more. Should of swopped them round really as Maya has a medal winning purr :D
  • Options
    my baby is currently hunting baby rabbits for sport as its spring.:rolleyes:

We used to have a cat, Kato, and he used to catch leverettes in the field, bring them back and baby them. Sleep with 'em and wash 'em. Unfortunately most of them died of fright.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Well, vet opened her mouth and her tounge is red raw, looks like it's been burnt :( Vet says it's either a chemical burn (she's licked something in the house, but God knows what)

Keep the lid on your poppers secure!!!!! :p

I hope kitty is feeling better by now ... :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I hope kitty is feeling better by now ... :)

Oh she's fine. Running, jumping, climbing trees and shitting in next doors playhouse :D