Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cilest pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im half way through my pack, but want to stop and have a break. Do you have to wait for the pack to finish or can you have the break half way through the pack?

Comments

• Options
    why do u want a break and how long for?x
  • Options
    What i mean is, usually when you come to the end of the pack you have the 7 day break. Well i havent had a break for 2 months now, was wondering if could have the 7 day break half way through the pack or if you had to wait till you come to the end like usual
  • Options
    The best idea would just to finish that pack as usual and then have the break then- it will stop you getting confused and means you are sure that you are protected.
  • Options
    Finish the pack and then have the break. Then you can keep the same starting day for your pills.
  • Options
    I would start and finish on the usual same day to avoid the confusion, but what i want to know is can you do this and are you protecteD?
  • Options
    i don't think so because the hormone levels won't be high enough if you haven't taken the full 21 days before your break. i wouldn't do it anyway.
  • Options
    No, you will be protected because anything over the original 21 days (the first pack you took) would have made sure of it, these are just 'added extra' ones. You should be fine, cilest is monophasic so there's no variance of the hormones. Just remember to start taking your next pack on the right day.
  • Options
    personally i wouldnt id wait and have the break at the right time or use extra contraception for a while jus to be safe
  • Options
    silverhalo wrote: »
    The best idea would just to finish that pack as usual and then have the break then- it will stop you getting confused and means you are sure that you are protected.

yes id do this too
  • Options
    If you've taken at least a whole pack then you can have the break anytime you fancy, just make sure that when you start the next one you take at least another whole pack, not the left over half, before having the next break.
  • Options
    Thanks for your replys people