Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Prague

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hiya,

Im going to Prague for a few days next week, does anyone have any recommendations about things to do while I'm there and any hints about what to expect when I'm there ?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I recommend a visit to Wenceslas Square- see this link http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Czech_Republic/Hlavni_Mesto_Praha/Prague-400455/Things_To_Do-Prague-Wenceslas_Square-BR-1.html

There's lots of wee pubs around the square and lots to see. There was a lovely market there as well.

I also recommend the Charles Bridge- gorgeous view and lots of people selling paintings and so on.
    http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/sightseeing/charles_bridge.html

Oh it was also lovely and cheap which is always a bonus- meal for two with drinks in a pizza restaurant for £14 two people...
    Have a great time! :)
  • Options
    Thank you ever so much, I'm charging the camera batteries at the moment the views look spectacular. I had been told it was very cheap and im planning on taking £150 for 3 nights. Will that be enough do you think ?
  • Options
    Thank you ever so much, I'm charging the camera batteries at the moment the views look spectacular. I had been told it was very cheap and im planning on taking £150 for 3 nights. Will that be enough do you think ?

yeah £150 is plenty, i was there not long ago and spent about £100 in 3 days but we were out every night on the lash til 6 or so, and still had some left over at the end to buy souvenirs etc....views are pretty nice, lots of old buildings and churches dotted around the square, the centre isn't that big so you should be able to find your way round easy enough...
  • Options
    Thats fab ! Did either of you guys have trouble with the taxis from the airport or station to your hotel ? I have been reading that website and it says to be careful.
  • Options
    I went years ago, but can only second what everyone else has said. I loved the Charles Bridge, spent hours looking at all the crafts on there. It was before the Euro but you used to be able to get earrings for about 50p-£1.
  • Options
    Well I might not make it to the pubs then if the shops are that cheap. I had heard to stay away from the main square for food and drinks and its ever so much cheaper. I honestly can't wait to go now. I cant over do the food though Im a guest at a commitment/wedding ceremony thing and I have to fit in my dress.
  • Options
    jazz club, ace!

ETA: and shopping. I love boots and picked up some wicked and unusal boots in prague, quite cheap too. Have fun!
  • Options
    Thats fab ! Did either of you guys have trouble with the taxis from the airport or station to your hotel ? I have been reading that website and it says to be careful.

not sure tbh, it was a work thing so we had a coach take us to the hotel.....i'd just make sure it was registered and agree on a price before you get in, as i usually do with any cab.

wish i could remember some names of places to recommend but the whole things a bit of a blur, enjoy!
  • Options
    We didn't have any problems with taxis at all- like all airports, there's a taxi rank there so you get a registered cab from there and it should be no problem. On the way back to the airport there was a taxi rank outside our hotel so that solved that one...just make sure you get a cab from a taxi rank or have the reception call you one for the trip back to the airport. As for the rest of time, its a really walkable city anyway. Hope you have a great time! :)