Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to look non-greasy in photos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As the title says..

Nearly every photo I'm in I always seem to look sort of shiny, is there anyway i can stop this and just look 'non-shiny', dont fancy putting talc or other powders on my face though

Comments

• Options
    is it just the photos that make you look greasy or do you actually look greasy?
  • Options
    Get a packet of paper wipes. You rub them around your face and they soak up any excess oil on the skin's surface.

MUJI sell them in packets, and I'm sure you can get them from boots.

Although, I would recommend going for a consulation with someone like Clarins, as oily skin can be helped with using the correct cleansing regime!
  • Options
    yeh you can get little pocket sized boxes of special paper to soak up the excess oil/grease. someone like clearasil or neutrogena will sell them. but you can hardly say 'oh wait, don't take that picture yet. i just need to..'. :p
  • Options
    I always look shiny in pics and it's annoying but as has been said those paper things are good.
  • Options
    Wash your hair you smelly git :p
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    As the title says..

Nearly every photo I'm in I always seem to look sort of shiny, is there anyway i can stop this and just look 'non-shiny', dont fancy putting talc or other powders on my face though

You need this dude, works a treat. :thumb:

141984_l.jpg
  • Options
    The Body Shop do a mattifying cream stuff that combats oiliness really well. It's kind of white but rubs in really nicely and absorbs all your greasiness.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    You need this dude, works a treat. :thumb:
    I did see that the other day and wondered if it'd work. I was a bit sceptical though 'cause like, its putting more moisture in your face surely?
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    I did see that the other day and wondered if it'd work. I was a bit sceptical though 'cause like, its putting more moisture in your face surely?

Its not the same as moisturiser, I think its more like aftershave balm. It says on the box; that if you put it on your nose or forehead it stops them being shiny. Thats why I bought it.

It has a matte effect unlike moisturiser so wont make you skin shiny. Use it if you wanna stop the light reflecting off certain parts of you :D

It works, its been tested on me. Although it is a little pricey at about £8/£9

But I haven't found anything better :thumb:
  • Options
    Looks like I may have to make a pur-chase then!
  • Options
    That L'oréal one only worked for a couple of hours when I used it for about a week.

I wouldn't recommend it personally.
  • Options
    Oh well, ive already bought some now...cant really judge if it works yet ive not seen a photo of me after putting it on.
  • Options
    Big Girl :D
  • Options
    Also if you use a moisturiser, sometimes it tells your skin to stop producing so many oils as your skin is alread oily.