Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am i just a complete fool?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have a boyfriend who i have been seeing on and off for about two years now...he has always been quite immature (him being 20 and myself being 17) i just can't handle him no more,

granted we have had history, pretty deep history infact, but he isn't the guy i got to know and love. he is lazy and can't be bothered to find a job. is in major debt with his land lords and thinks the world is hunky dorey. i want to break it off with him but i don't have the courage, i'm off to uni in three weeks and have no idea what to do.....my family and friends say that i am better off without him but i can not imagine my life without him involved in some way or another? what do i do?:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't sound as though you love him or respect him. Just finish it. It will be hard but after a few months you will be fine, especially at uni, keeping busy.
  • Options
    in a sense i do respect him but i am the only one who believes in him that one day he will sort himself out but i am starting to loose faith in him
  • Options
    I think you should make the most of being young and not waste your time on him.
  • Options
    lol that's what my family say aswell
  • Options
    ah i hate when people say "make the most of being young". just make the most of being alive.

it's hard to admit to yourself that your trust was misplaced but you seem to be coming to that conclusion. it will be hard but you'll have plenty of things to keep you occupied at uni, i'm sure!
  • Options
    you seem to be saying that you are quite happy to stay in a crap relationship because you don't have the guts to finish it?
    at the end of the day, nobody like breaking up but sometimes its for the best
  • Options
    Everyone goes thru this when they breakup. What am I going to do now? You lose a friend and someone you're dating. You've already been on-again off-again for 2 years, which means you just can't cut the cord. Do it already! It will help you mature.
  • Options
    u'll be a fool of you dont dump him,ive been where you seem to be just now and stupidley i didnt listen to the voice in my head sayin that it aint working that we aint meant to be together,so i stayed with the girl then eventually she dumped me lol so what im tryin to say is do the dumping b4 you become the dumped cause if it aint meant to be it will end eventually,k im mumbling now sorry
  • Options
    Fuck it .. give it a week and list up all the pros and cons .. you're going to Uni any way so this time in three months you'll probably have your tongue down someone elses throat and you won't remember him .. BUT if you do still like him in a few months time speak to him or something .. sorry if i wasn't very helpful im in a strange mood
  • Options
    Yep, I stuck with my girlfriend when I went to University, but ended up meeting someone in the first week I was there. Since she lived 400 miles away, and he was 3 miles away, I decided to break up with her, even though I thought I could deal with a long distance relationship.

You will meet loads of guys you like at Uni, and if you're heart is in a different place, that will make things very difficult. Break ties with him now, and try to see Uni as a fresh start. And if you still want to be with him in 6 months, then do it. Although, you probably wont be the same person you are now, and will want different things etc. to him. I know thats what happened to me any way. Good Luck! xx