Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Once again, I am confused by a woman.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, the saga that is my search for new love has trudged forth in the three weeks after the big breakup.

Along with the one girl who I became interested in last semester while I was in my previous relationship, I met another girl a week ago who I was attracted to and seemed interested in me. Unfortunately, she found out only yesterday that her family was moving to Florida in a month, so that sort of closed a door for me.

I called the girl from last semester for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Keep in mind as I retell this story that not only did she invite me into her dorm on one occasion, but she also gave me her number, instead of vice versa. When I called her, she didn't answer the phone. I thought nothing of it at the moment, but she didn't call me back (I called her on a Thursday) and I saw her on the following Monday, which was last week. She explained to me that she didn't call me because she was busy, which I believed seeing as it was Easter weekend and she was spending time with her family. She said she would call me that night, and sure enough, she did. We discussed the possibility of scheduling some classes together next semester, and had some nice general conversation. She registered for classes on Thursday, and she said she would email me a list of the classes that she got into.

She didn't.

I had to call her back, and once again, got got her voicemail. I left a message telling her to call me back because I didn't get her email. It got to 10 pm and I was sure she wouldn't call me back in time, but finally she did, and told me she that the reason she didn't answer was because she was at work. She told me what classes she registered for, we talked for a little bit and she told me to call her back tomorrow because she was driving. I managed to get into one of the same classes the next morning :yippe: Naturally, I called her back like she told me to. Once again, I got voicemail. Frustrated, I decided not to bother leaving a message.

We had great chemistry last semester and could make each other laugh easily. Considering that I only started talking to her halfway through the semester and we only saw each other once a week, our friendship was growing very quickly. We even went out to breakfast once, and I was really under the impression that she wanted to get to know me better. So WHY is she giving me the cold shoulder, now that I'm making an honest attempt to get closer to her? Is she playing hard-to-get? Did she find a boyfriend in the couple of months that I didn't talk to her, and if so, why hasn't she told me? She asked me how my relationship was going and I told her that I was single, along with the whole damn story of what happened, so I think that she would tell me if she found someone. Am I just overreacting?

Anyway, this is my game plan as of right now. If anybody else here can think of a better idea, please tell me:
I usually see her on Mondays, so if she doesn't call me back tomorrow I'm hoping to see her then and sort this crap out. If I don't see her then, I'll call her Monday or Tuesday night. This will be my last attempt, and this time I'll leave a message telling her to call me back. If she doesn't call me back, then I'm quitting for now, and maybe something will happen next semester. I don't want to turn into a creepy stalker.

Also, I apologize for my ridiculous overruse of the words "she" and "me" throughout this post. :)

Comments

• Options
    as far as i see it, there's been about 3 occasions when you've called her and she's been too busy to answer. that doesn't count as crap and doesn't count as playing hard to get if you ask me - that just counts as she has a life and you're not her top priority.

just chill, chat to her in class, email her as it's less forward than phoning. don't get so worked up about it :)
  • Options
    ibanezdude wrote: »
    Am I just overreacting?
    :yes: imo.
  • Options
    I think you made a mistake by suggesting taking some classes together. After she got off the phone she probably thought "What if we go out and it's awful and then I'm stuck in some classes with him?" We do stuff like that alot. So just relax and KIT but tell her your all signed up for your classes.