Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Knowing what to talk about?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right even with my close friends, conversation sort of just drys up and I dont have anything to say anymore, when these friends are with other people they natter for hours, but with me we dont seem to be able to talk. Its not just a case of not lciking with one aprticualr person either, its with nearly everyone.
Im not the most confident person in the world but im not really shy, generally i can hold a conversation quite well when we have something to talk about, i dont just sit there going yeh yeh yeh yeh!!
I dont really now how to improve my conversation skills, any tips!

Comments

• Options
    I'm in the same situation. Maybe do something different with each other or try not to spend as much time with them so that when you meet up, you will have something to talk about.
  • Options
    Super_Star wrote: »
    I dont really now how to improve my conversation skills, any tips!
    practice.
    and don't stop talking if you suddenly run out of stuff to say. pause. think. then you can carry on talking instead of ending the conversation entirley.
    but as with anything - practice makes perfect.
  • Options
    I think i get myself in a panic, even though the silence isnt arkward i sit there panicking about what to say next, trying desperatley to thing of something interesting to say, then thinking that people think im boring....bit of a viscous circle really!
  • Options
    Super_Star wrote: »
    I think i get myself in a panic, even though the silence isnt arkward i sit there panicking about what to say next, trying desperatley to thing of something interesting to say, then thinking that people think im boring....bit of a viscous circle really!

then you have to learn how to be comfortable with silence and be how to feel okay saying nothing. again... that takes practice.
    you cannot and don't have to constantly talk talk talk talk like a robot on E.
    your worrying too much what people think of you. more than likely they don't think you are boring or anything, thats just your self esteem fucking you up.