Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

so down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just feel so down. my aunt died in a fire a week past on friday. its been like a nightmare. the funeral is on thursday. i feel retched. i coped last week, went to work and come friday night it hit me like a ton of bricks. dont get me wrong i was upset last week but this week its so bad. im going to work but i feel like i just want to walk out. in the past year and a half my fiances brother hung himself, 2 months later my uncle died of cancer which i witnessed and now this. i feel like i cant take any more.
im telling myself it will be better after thursday when she is at rest but then im worried it wont get better. my emotions are all over the place. im really really dreading thursday, more than i usually would a funeral.

not really got a question, just need to get it off my chest.

Comments

• Options
    *hugs*
    Really sorry youre going through this. How awful for you. Im not surprised youre severely affected. It sounds like just one traumatic event after another, and its so awful when someone dies so much before their time.
    I really hope it gets easier for you soon, although suspect it will be a bit of a rocky road first.
    hugs again.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that wee_ woman, I hope in time the pain is a little less intense for you.
  • Options
    *hugs*
    its all i can say sorry hope you feel better itll take time i know but if ever you need to talk...well we're all here
  • Options
    thanks. just needed to get it off my chest. its hard when everyone else in the family is dealing with it too
  • Options
    That must be so hard to deal with :(

I hope you've got people around you who you can talk to about what you're feeling justnow, cause that's really important. It's not easy justnow, but you will get there.

Hang in there, hope things get better soon.
  • Options
    hey i know how you feel that happened to me for about 2 years people just kept dying it hurts like hell, but you gota keep going, maybe think about taking some time off work to give yourself time to cry and jus generally let yourself feel crap for a bit without having to worry bout work? im not gona say itll get easier but it will get better in a while
  • Options
    aw im really sorry to hear that :( i know how you're feeling a little because my uncle died recently, and at first i thought i was alright about it all and coping but then a week later (the day of the funeral and for days afterwards) it all hit me an di was devastated.

dont feel you have to carry on going to work if you dont feel like being there, explain your situation and surely they will be lenient with you. with me I carried on going because it distracted me from what was going on at home but it got to a point where i cried at work and had to be sent home, dont push yourself too much.

i dont know what else to say really just thought i would say i know how you feel. and lots of hugs to you. :]
  • Options
    *hugs*