Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Virtuous things

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, what have you done today which makes you feel very smug and accomplished?

I went swimming and swam for 40 minutes :angel: This is a big deal because i don't do exercise.

Really, i should be studying, but you can't have everything, can you?

Comments

• Options

I went swimming and swam for 40 minutes :angel: This is a big deal because i don't do exercise.

I got up at 7am, which is VERY early for me. I don't think I could've stayed in bed much longer as I was suffering from sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations due to the weekend's excesses. Still, I was in work nice and early...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
  • Options
    Sweet fuck all, not out of bed yet.

Ordered me a new phone and I ordered a bunch of flowers for somebody who needs a bit of cheering up. Going to pay the council tax later and fanny about in town.

Then a few smokes and beers on the balcony. Sweet as a nut.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I got up at 7am, which is VERY early for me. I don't think I could've stayed in bed much longer as I was suffering from sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations due to the weekend's excesses. Still, I was in work nice and early...

fuck man i get both those things... that hypnagogic stuff is crazy.. i vividly remember waking up and having a conversation with a room full of people.. then i woke up again and i was sittin up in a dark room .. madness :crazyeyes

i dont like the paralysis at all but that hypablah stuff is mad!
  • Options
    helped a friend cross the road-she didnt need help and didnt want to cross the road but hey you cant have everything can you?

:hyper: :p
  • Options
    In the last two days I have spent 10 hours in the library making notes from scratch. I think i have enough to write the essay now.
  • Options
    Nothing today, I'm going to have a big old read of some books tonight I reckon so.
  • Options

well, if you do it regularly too, then i pull my hat ;)

I got up at 6:30 for 1 fucking hour of uni and then home again.
    I'm an atta boi.
  • Options
    Hmm

Saw friend I hadnt seen for ages finally.
    Made an appointment at GP which I had been meaning to do. It's to get that silly certificate/letter for my exam.
    Had my haircut so look less like a rat.

All I need to do to feel smugger is another 1000 words of my 5000 word essay. Aawrgh
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Had my haircut so look less like a rat.

pix! NOW!
  • Options

Done quite a lot fo work even though I've been hungover
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    pix! NOW!

haha, its same ole' style! nothing interesting to report. the hairdresser took FOREVER and asked my age cuz she was going to charge me the child price..so i thought 'thats why you didnt say a word to me throughout the haircut'. rude
  • Options
    haha, its same ole' style! nothing interesting to report. the hairdresser took FOREVER and asked my age cuz she was going to charge me the child price..so i thought 'thats why you didnt say a word to me throughout the haircut'. rude

Ha but did you take advantage and pay the child price? :p
  • Options
    Ha but did you take advantage and pay the child price? :p

well she asked me my age first and i said '20..why?' DOH :grump: cant believe she took me for an under 16 tho..fuck
  • Options
    Yeah, that is a bit poo :(

I think you look your age :D
  • Options

haha... doofus. reminds me of my sister when my father took us to the museum when i and my big sis were still wee and said "too tickets for kids under 12." and my sister pipes up, "BUT DAD I AM 13!!!"

busted.

you just make your voice all squaky and say "i am fifteen, tee hee hee."

I will repeat myself only once... i demand pictures :P

i have a new haircut too, and because I am going out today and have a party pic made you'll see mine too!!!!!
    I think you look your age :D

lying is not very virtuous. :no:

;)
  • Options
    matt i will hit you with the poems of byron, keats and shelley!!
    yeah my friend took a pic today, she'll probably send the pics over in like...a year aha
  • Options
    Today I refrained from killing anyone. What a good person I am.
  • Options
    yeah my friend took a pic today, she'll probably send the pics over in like...a year aha

haha, linguistically hit, or hit with the books?
    because then I hit back with HERMANN RÖMPP'S A-Z ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CHEMISTRY, which is broader than a ghetto booty, and you know, Römpp owns those limpwrists byron, keats and shelley anytime of the day :razz:

(:heart: )
  • Options
    Well..umm...this one has one of those ribbon book marks attached which i can use to throttle you! plus byron will probably have sex with you, he was a bit of shlag.
  • Options

Where's the catch? ;)
  • Options
    Well..umm...this one has one of those ribbon book marks attached which i can use to throttle you! plus byron will probably have sex with you, he was a bit of shlag.

oh no, you wench! you add the powers of ribbon bookmarks, this ain't fair :(

I might feel compelled to unleash the powers of Potassium perchlorate to dissolve your ribbon bookmark in a show of sparks and vapor.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
  • Options
    Well I may as well just give up now if you're moving onto chemicals! :impissed:
  • Options
    Well I may as well just give up now if you're moving onto chemicals! :impissed:

chemistry 1, literature 0.

:thumb:

haha...
  • Options
    I rocked out at my new job.
    And scored a free feed from das boss.
  • Options
    I got an appointment at the dentist for Monday, even though my mum called weeks ago and they couldn't fit her in 'til May. Hehe.
  • Options
    I ripped up all my credit card statements safe in the knowledge that once my 590.62 is paid I'll be free from their filthy, dirty REIGNS! HURRAH!

Oh, and I also sent off decelpool his glasses he's been after for aaaaaaages. :razz:

I'm going to start jobhunting tonight!
  • Options
    I painted my hall today which brings me a tiny step closer to a house that actually looks like a home instead of a shell.

Still the living room and one of the bedrooms to go and then comes the oh-so-joyous task of shelling out for a new kitchen and bathroom which my mates are envisioning for me. (you can tell they aren't paying for it, can't you)