Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Last night...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I was just logging off the computer; it'd just gone 12am. I heard someone walk down the driveway and tried to open the front door. Luckily it was already locked... I then heard this person going round the back of the house and tried the back door...
Sort of froze at this point, but just managed to think, I need to get upstairs while he's round the back so that he can't see me going up there... (stairs are near the front door)... I grabbed my mobile phone and went upstairs... at which point I told my mum and sister someone was trying to get in... And then the fucking idiot starts banging on the door and trying to kick it down.
When he couldn't get in the house he through both dustbins over the car and hammering on it (scratched and dinted it).
My mum rang the police and the sod disappeared before they arrived....

It was quite funny cos the police men looked really enthusiastic (and quite good looking I might add ;) )... when checking out the back garden they could hear this guy on the street below... and ran off to get him.... Which they did! Woo!

Anyways, I then had to stay up for an hour waiting for the police to come back to get statements, so didn't get to bed til 4. :yeees:

Making light of it now, but I was actually fucking terrified when I thought he was gunna get in the house and be violent.
It's always been one of my nightmares that sometime like this was going to happen... I'm a bit freaked out.

Anyone else have an exciting night last night?

Comments

• Options
    My evening was positively bland! But I just wanted to comment on yours, I think I would have been shitting it if I thought someone was trying to break in to my place while I was in there too! Glad to hear they caught him though!
  • Options
    I wouldn't have gone upstairs, I would have got a big massive frying pan and whacked him over the head but thats me :yeees:

But no, I didn't have an interesting night :(
  • Options
    I wouldn't have gone upstairs, I would have got a big massive frying pan and whacked him over the head but thats me :yeees:

Where were you when I needed you then? :razz:
  • Options
    Haha. Sorry, someone else need me at the time. I'm that much in demand :D
  • Options
    I watched A.I for the first time. Got to be the most ideas i've ever seen in 1 film.
    That must have been shit scarey though. Did you actually see them? I'm so paranoid at night - i'm always locking up and my brother never bothers!
  • Options
    Same sorta thing happened to me once.

Load of cunts came down to my estate and beat up my mates and then proceeded to kick and bang the door of my house but left after a few minutes. I was upstairs under my bed haha! :shocking:

Last night was a blur, nothing special happened though except that anal probe from alien invaders. :yum:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I watched A.I for the first time. Got to be the most ideas i've ever seen in 1 film.
    That must have been shit scarey though. Did you actually see them? I'm so paranoid at night - i'm always locking up and my brother never bothers!

No I didn't see him... I was cowering on the floor... :blush: I was shit scared though, I was actually shaking (and crying).

My mum got a look at him though. Aparently he doesn't live nearby, luckily.
  • Options
    Sounds a bit scary, have to say I'd have gone along with Stacey's frying pan idea though :yes:

Nothing exciting last night, but I was on such a high. Watched the sun set on our balcony and had a deep as fuck convo with my flatmate. I was so chilled out, a few bottles and a smoke of the peace pipe saw to that. Woke up today and listened to some Lighthouse Family in my pyjamas, sweet as fuck.

Away in the car to find a recycling depot in a bit :hyper:
  • Options
    Once my mum heard someone talking like right outside so she woke my dad up who just mumbled like a lazy old man so she got dressing gown on and got dog and went downstairs and got half way down stairs to chicken out and draaaggg my dad down with her. He was at the front door so my dad went round the back with my scary (pfft as if) dog and saw the man covered in bloody no shirt on bleeding mumbling to himself so my dad sent him on his way and watched him stumble down the street to fall in a bush. So he phoned the police and they got him and took him home, he lives just around the corner had got in a fight and forgot where he lived ha. My dad sees him all time and he just walks with his head down.

And during all this drama I was..

tucked up in bed!
  • Options
    went to a rugby social, got drunk, coach poured beer in my pocket, now my cell phone is broken.

Frankly Lu_C's night sounds a whole lot cooler.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That's scary! :eek: I hope I'd think of grabbing a frying pan if it happened here, but I'd definitely phone the police right away.

Nothing special for me last night. Apart from going to a nargile cafe with a bunch of people (not that I used any, mind) and not noticing the time going until it was 12:30. We planned to go for food but couldn't at this time, so we all went home. Luckily there was a pizzeria still delivering, and I didn't go without food.
  • Options
    No, what's scary is the thought that any person or person who had gained entry might not have thought twice against using violence against you. You should always have something to hand to protect yourself, like a baseball bat and know that you might have to use it. Don't rely on the police because any delay in them getting to you only gives that criminal more time you steal or harm you.

You are not safe even in your own home these day's.

Seriously though I'm not trying to scare you or anyone else but people are very naive of this sort of thing, it's the old " It won't happen to me " thing.
  • Options
    Oh thats scary as hell! Glad he left and they caught him.
  • Options
    I would have got a big massive frying pan and whacked him over the head

It's not tom and jerry! :lol:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    It's not tom and jerry! :lol:

But if they had of whacked him and then he legged it at least they would have had a perfect imprint of his face for evidence.

Do you know why the guy was trying to get in?
  • Options
    But my bike on eBay.

12 watching already!!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

My mum did that on the Hospital Housing when this US airman got in and was trying it on with some nurses... nearly going to rape them. She knocked him out! :D

Personally, I'd grab my 7" blade. And air pistol.
  • Options
    I feel for you. Unless you are in that situation you just do not know how you will react.
  • Options
    But if they had of whacked him and then he legged it at least they would have had a perfect imprint of his face for evidence.

Do you know why the guy was trying to get in?

Well not exactly... He was pissed as a fart and possibly drugged too so can't remember anything about it. The police found out he'd been at a party on a road nearby; our theory is that he left the party, went for a wander, saw our house lights on and thought he was back at the party, tried to get in and couldnt and got really frustrated. :confused: Or he might have just been a complet twat.

Anyways... he's on bail for two weeks... and actually arrived at our house yesterday (sober) to apologise. Sort of good cos he seemed Okish when not rampaging round in a drunken frienze... But I think he probably was just trying to butter my mum up so she'd drop the charges.

Anyone know how these things work? He's dented the car in two places and left some scratches... The police have asked my mum to get an estimate for the repairs... will they make the guy pay for it or something?
  • Options
    ha.. best thing about it.. you lift something and hit him with it (i woulda been out battering the bastard off my property personally) and you're the one that ends up gettin charged!

the joys of this country :mad:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    My mum did that on the Hospital Housing when this US airman got in and was trying it on with some nurses... nearly going to rape them. She knocked him out! :D

Personally, I'd grab my 7" blade. And air pistol.

High Five to your mum!!

I'm glad you and your family are ok. Sounds bloody scary!
  • Options
    That used to happen regularly at my old flat... the security door was busted so a whole manner of scum used to get in and squat in the empty flats. The postman got stabbed in my close and I saw my neighbour get stabbed (thats what I get for being nosy and watching through the peephole :p)
    I used to answer the door with a shinty stick, never actually had to whack anyone with it, mind.