Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why Can't I Wear Shoes Or Boots?

For the last year or, I've not been able to wear shoes or boots without either having sore feet or blisters. Does nayone know why? And is there anything I can do to stop my feet becoming so sore? I'm bored of wearing trainers or wearing shoes and getting blisters.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you usually wear softer comphy footwear like trainers or flat footwear, getting used to wearing more restrictive boots or shoes is bound to cause you a bit of pain initially. I get the same problem going from boots/shoes to sandals but once the blisters have been and gone and the skin has toughened up things get much better. You should just persevere use plasters, make sure your boots and shoes have a good heal and sole and get them repaired if they are worn.
  • Options
    wear good supporting socks and buy the shoes in the right size. You shouldn't be getting them...
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    buy the shoes in the right size. You shouldn't be getting them...

I always do this, yet always have problems.
  • Options
    Hmmm I have the same problem. I've even started wearing (black) trainers to work, which I shouldn't do, but boots/shoes hurt and give me blisters.
  • Options
    Perhaps the shoes you're buying aren't wide enough? Have you tried wider fitting shoes?
  • Options
    try hush puppies?
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    Perhaps the shoes you're buying aren't wide enough? Have you tried wider fitting shoes?

I have really skinny feet.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    I have really skinny feet.

Perhaps they're too wide then and rubbing cos they're slipping slightly.

Where abouts do you get the blisters?
  • Options
    Near the bottom of my heels. Before anyone suggests it, I can't go down a size as there's no room in the shoe.
  • Options
    I have this exact problem as well - I think its becuase i'm too nice to my feet - I moisturise them at least once and usually twice a day and i'm always making sure they are buffed etc. I have no actual real advice though....
  • Options
    For the last year or, I've not been able to wear shoes or boots without either having sore feet or blisters. Does nayone know why? And is there anything I can do to stop my feet becoming so sore? I'm bored of wearing trainers or wearing shoes and getting blisters.

because trainers fuck up your feet, make your feet too soft and more prone to injury. rub surgical spirit on your feet - you could go from trainers to hard army boots with that :)
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    because trainers fuck up your feet, make your feet too soft and more prone to injury. rub surgical spirit on your feet - you could go from trainers to hard army boots with that :)

Does surgical spirit sting or anything?
  • Options
    Does surgical spirit sting or anything?

:no:
    well... not unless you've got open/burst blisters or anything
  • Options
    No, not got anything like that.
  • Options
    I find salty water helps made skin harder.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    otter wrote: »
    I would have thought it was the opposite: because non-trainers compress your feet in less room that you'd normally have.
  • Options
    I would have thought it was the opposite: because non-trainers compress your feet in less room that you'd normally have.

Which is what I thought.
  • Options
    I would have thought it was the opposite:

nope. i'm definitly right. :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Which is what I thought.
    :yes: And that's why non-trainers are evil. Outlaw them!!! :D:p
  • Options

Non trainers fuck feet up by doing that, but the original point was more to do with the fact that if feet are walking on soft padded soles all the time with lots of spacious room, they aren't hardened round the edges to handle being more compressed and on solid soles, which do therefore rub more and cause more issues to unacustomed feet.
  • Options
    Try rocket dogs, or jump shoes. They're cute and comfy!