Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is his 'friend' the reason we aren't together??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

I'll try and bullet point this as a sequence of events otheriwse you'll have to read an essay!

*I met a guy (Tom)
*After hours of talking on the phone to eachother we met
*It was wonderful:heart:
*He started coming over and we became fuck buddies (uh oh)
*After a few months I got tired of being used and sadly ended things and asked for my DVD back
*He says he'll bring it to me but doesnt so after a week I phone him
*He says he cant talk because he's with his 'girl'
*I cry and tell him I want to be with him (totally didnt keep my cool)
*He tells me he doesnt know what to do and to call him later (I think he said this infront of the girl:confused: )
*I call him (about 10x) and he doesn't answer
*a couple of days later someone msgs me on MySpace called Steve
*Steve is toms friend but they dont know I know this
*Steve tells me I'm gorgeous and we chat on msn
*I ask him about knowing tom & he says that tom is his brothers friend
*But for just being the brother of the friend he knows an awful lot. Including details of texts i've sent to tom.
*He wants to meet me so I say okay if he gives tom a xmas present I bought him
*I meet him and go on and on about tom to which he tells me that tom never liked me and was just using me. I already knew that. He didn't need to tell me. He also tells me I should get with him.
*Tom texts me at 2am! to thank me for the gift but I don't reply because I'd been pestering him enough and I wanted to be strong.
*A week later after feeling a bit better some guy called chris phones me saying that I gave him my number ages ago (a lie)
*After a week of speaking on the phone I agree to go out with him
*The bitch stands me up
*I grow suspicious as when i was with tom he would get random guys to call me asking me out to see what i'd say.
*I confront chris who denies everything
* The next day Steve talks to me on msn the convo goes something like this:
'helo sexy'
'helo'
'how cum i avent herd from u in so long?'
(I write nothing for bout 5mins so he says...)
'its like u only met me that time to give tom his present'
(I still write nothing)
'I gess i'm right but feel free to text me anytime if i'm wrong'
'I did. I told u that beforehand'
'shall i dlete ur number?'
'ok'
'fine. i'll let chris deal wit u lol'
(then he appears offline)

*I ignore this all but I was missing tom. So I called him about 2months after he text me.
*I ask him if he's still with that girl and he says yes so I tell him he should leave her and be with me and he asks why so i tell him because i love him!
*He says he's busy and to call him later
*An hour or so later he texts me saying things are going well with his girl and that I should just move on
*I cry
*Steve rears his ugly head on msn saying that i text tom asking 4 heroin?!?!:eek2:
*I get mad and call him a wierdo and accuse him of giving my number to chris
*He denies it and tells me it was tom because chris had asked them both for girls numbers. and that he (steve) told chris not to meet me because i was obsessed with tom and that he hates chris.
*I call him pathetic and sign out
* . . . but I still miss tom
* so i speak to steve on msn offering him tickets to a gig that i dont want to go to in the vain hope that he will at least mention me to tom
*he takes up my offer without many questions and we have agreed to meet on monday

After thinking about this all way too much I've started to think that steve likes me (a bit too much) and so he's done things to prevent me and tom being together. He even told me that he gives tom girl advice. Plus:
*he said that he told chris not to meet me. Whats it to him if we did meet??
*everytime I've tried to patch things up with tom he would always have to get back to me with a response (possibly to ask steves advice)
*he constantly makes dirty lil comments when we talk - much to my disgust.

Its totally pissing me off if thats the case:banghead:

What do you guys think??

'

Comments

• Options
    I'll be honest, i got confused. From the sounds of what i did understand though I'd say that none of those guys are any good for you and it sounds like you're a bit obsessed with this Tom guy.
    Cutting contact with the lot of them would probably be a good idea..
  • Options
    Being 15 was brilliant. Ah the memories.
  • Options
    You do sound obsessed. This friend isn't the reason you two aren't together; Tom wanted sex and you wanted more. He has since met someone he felt he could be faithful to and have a relationship with. It's shit, I've just gone through it myself but get over it.

Have you ever actually met these guys in real life before you meet up with them?
  • Options
    Halloween wrote: »
    Have you ever actually met these guys in real life before you meet up with them?

Who needs reality when you've got myspace!
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Who needs reality when you've got myspace!

Or bebo! Or thesite...:p
  • Options
    I think you are obsessed and need a lot of space to all of those guys who are just toying with you anyway. fuck them, and at least tom gives you the right vibes, he doesn't want you, deal with it. period.
  • Options
    Halloween wrote: »
    Or bebo! Or thesite...:p

Jeez, tell me about it. My headstone is gonna read "Sad internet weirdo!"
  • Options
    I don't think it had anything to do with his friend. Sometimes, as difficult as it is, you have to accept that some people aren't going to want a relationship with you. If you complex things by becomming fuck buddies with someone, then you have to be prepared for the fact that they are only in it for the sex, and they presume you're in for the same thing too.

I think the whole situation is pretty messy, but it's unfair to expect this guy to leave his girlfriend when he's obviously happy, even if he doesn't give you an immediate answer. I'd give some serious thought to cutting all contact and just trying to move on, you'll be a lot better off for it.
  • Options
    No I didn't know them beforehand I was just really desperate to get back with Tom and was doing anything. I guess I should tell the rest of the story.

When I was younger something really bad happened to me and when I finished with Tom I told him to explain why I acted the way I did. He was the only person I've told and so I guess I was hanging on to him in desperation because I felt a bit better that someone knew my 12 year secret. But he has done nothing to help me through it so I really need to get over him but, much to my frustration, cannot.
  • Options
    I just don't understand if he wanted nothing to do with me why would he give his friend my number?
  • Options
    maybe he thought you were just after sex, he gave his mate your number so you could both "sort each other out" in that department?