Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Painful knees

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My knees hurt almost constantly, sometimes bad enough that I limp. I hyperextended my left knee some years ago, but this was fized with several weeks in a brace. I think I may have damaged my right knee slipping on a carpet recently (horribly ignominious, I know), and that one hurts worse and more frequently. I am slightly overweight, but it has not caused me any health problems before now, plus my feet are fine, so I do not think this is the problem.

Does anyone have any advice about what to do about this, besides taking more ibuprofen? :(

Comments

• Options
    See a doctor? You might have injured yourself, or have some kind of joint problem.

Constantly taking ibuprofen isn't brilliant for your insides, either.
  • Options
    Have a squizz at www.kneeguru.co.uk it's a great site, geared at patients and the bulletin boards are really freindly with plenty of people with good advice on there. You can also look to see what knee docs are in your area, their speciality and their contact details as well as what health care plans they are covered by.
  • Options
    Hah, I never would have thought there'd be a site devoted only to knees. Still, 'tis a great thing, thanks for linking it :).
  • Options
    Oh yes, isn't it brilliant!
  • Options
    ibuprofen will only reduce swelling. you'd be better off going to your gp / physio.