Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Changing default language in Word.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all,

I'm currently trying to type some work up on my laptop, and I'm having a problem with the default language...

For some reason, every time I set it to English (UK) as the default language and then go back into my document, it changes automatically back to English (US). As a result, I can't add words to my custom dictionary, and words that are already in there are marked as incorrect.

Does anyone have any idea on how to sort this, cause it's doing my head in... :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Porky_StalkerPorky_Stalker Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
    The problem may be the default language in windows, setting it to UK in word may be overridden by windows default language.
    You will need to make sure that the windows default isn't US English by checking the settings in control panel --> regional & language options (Lauguages tab, text services & input languages).

This link may help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292106
  • Options
    Once you've set it to default English (UK) delete the English (US) entry and reboot.

:)
  • Options
    Well actually if its office then

Start > All programs >> Microsoft office >> Microsoft Office tools >> Microsoft office 2007 language settings

May help