Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I faced my phobia!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And won!!:hyper:
Basically over the past 2 years I developed a strong irrational fear of anything that flies about and makes a loud buzzing sound so imagine my happiness when I find a farking huge bumble bee in my front room this morning!!:eek: After running over to the other side of the room in my boxers,having a shower and lunch and generally just avoiding downstairs I plucked up the courage to trap him in a very long pint glass.Only problem was I couldnt fit the book under the glass because of the net.......:rolleyes: and considering its the buzzing sound that scares me:blush: he was certainly making a racket in there.
But eventually I shook the glass hard enough and managed to daze it on its back,slip the mag under and throw him out the back door................and run away again.:D
That was my heroics for today.

Comments

• Options
    Well done :yippe:
  • Options
    Wow you're braver than me, I have got two cats that kindly get rid of anything that flies, crawls, buzz's or generally make me feel uneasy, I don't know what I would do without them! Well done for being so brave!
  • Options
    I don't mind if the buzz, more if they sting!
  • Options
    its the sting im bothered bout the buzzing just annoys me but well done!

UR SPEACIAL
  • Options
    Well done, i was pegging out the washing for mum the other day and this HUGE bee started buzzing round me. I ran away :(

I did overexagerate the size to my mum when she got back telling her it was THIS big *moves hands about a foot apart*

And i said it sounded like a car not a bee rofl xD i should face up to them like you!
  • Options
    if u mess with bees, more will come. or is that wasps?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    if u mess with bees, more will come. or is that wasps?

I think it's bees, don't they give off some odour or something that signals the other bees :nervous:
  • Options
    and then the killer bees come and kill you, moral is- dun mess with the bees!
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    dun mess with the bees!

:lol::lol::lol: I am going to have nightmares tonight I just know it!
  • Options
    Well he hasnt come back with his gang to "do" me yet (thank god:razz: )so he musnt have felt he was treated too badly.;)
    I did throw half a bag of starburst at him when he disappeared,but he must have appreciated the nice bright colours!!:cool:
  • Options
    It's a good thing you didn't kill it or you would be aiding in the destruction of humanity.