Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

change

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I fancy a change...I love my hair, and I love having long hair, but I just want a change. I think its getting a bit too long now, and my fringe needs a trim so I need to go to the hairdressers soon.
So, advice and tips on new styles. my piccies are floating around in the piccie thread so you can maybe see what could suit me. Anything is an option, long and short.
Thank you so so much in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a look at your myspace because I can't be bothered lookin the the piccy thread unless you want to post a recent one in here? Looks to me like you have a bit of a side fringe and one length long hair. I would ask your hairdressers about having some layers put in and also have the ends cut into so that they are not blunt all one length ends. Also ask for them to style you a proper side fringe so it goes right across your forehead and not just shorter bits at the side.

ETA: Also do you have highlights? Because you could have more than one colour blonde put through it. so have lots of fine highlights and 2 of your normal colour then 1 of a honey colour then 2 of your normal colour (for example). So its just breaks up the blonde and makes it looks brighter.
  • Options
    You have just described my hair bang on what it is at the mo, minus the fringe. I think i will get a fringe like that, the way my hair is, it likes to go its own way, so the further over it has been cut in, the better it should stay.
    Cheers though hun
  • Options
    Its difficult to tell from those photos. Unless you want to go for a POB I don't know what else to suggest other than speaking to your hairdresser and seeing what they say because they will know all the latest styles etc. You could always experiemnt with loose waves in your hair to make it look a bit Kate Moss.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Its difficult to tell from those photos. Unless you want to go for a POB I don't know what else to suggest other than speaking to your hairdresser and seeing what they say because they will know all the latest styles etc. You could always experiemnt with loose waves in your hair to make it look a bit Kate Moss.

oooh whats a POB?

Edit: Nikki showed me. Its a bit short, not got the face to pull that off! haha
  • Options
    a Posh Spice Bob :)

I don't see why you wouldn't suit it. I think they do longer versions too.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    a Posh Spice Bob :)

I don't see why you wouldn't suit it. I think they do longer versions too.

Hmm, well maybe a bit longer, but I think I would have to be drunk to go and get it done! hehe!

I do like it, and I used to have a short bob, I'm just a big scaredy cat.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Hmm, well maybe a bit longer, but I think I would have to be drunk to go and get it done! hehe!

I do like it, and I used to have a short bob, I'm just a big scaredy cat.

Stop being a wimp girl :) I'll do your hair for you I've already said :D (if that doesn't get you in a hairdressers chair I don't know what will)
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Stop being a wimp girl :) I'll do your hair for you I've already said :D (if that doesn't get you in a hairdressers chair I don't know what will)

I am not a wimp, go away :(
    But I am off to the hairdressers for a skin head before I let you anywhere near my hair! haha!
  • Options
    But I am off to the hairdressers for a skin head before I let you anywhere near my hair! haha!

:(

Actually I'm OK in limited doeses with hair... I do my mate Mike's every so often. :D But it's often a bit of a "hope for the best" job.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    :(

Actually I'm OK in limited doeses with hair... I do my mate Mike's every so often. :D But it's often a bit of a "hope for the best" job.

Ill let you do whatever you like beauty wise, but until you go on a cutting course, you can just brush my hair haha!
  • Options
    Ill let you do whatever you like beauty wise, but until you go on a cutting course, you can just brush my hair haha!

Aww... brushings boring. I dye peoples hair as well. I'm quite good at doing things to others....But yeah GO TO THE HAIRDRESSERS :D
  • Options
    Just don't do a Britney.
  • Options
    Just don't do a Britney.

oh damn! that was what I was thinking of. Do you not think I can pull it off? :crying:
  • Options
    Only thing with a Pob is that everyone seems to have it now, which annoys me big time, seeing as I actually done it before Mrs Beckham. ;)

Anyhoo, as with all hairstyles, you can put you're own edge on it, depending on how adventurous you are. You could go mega short, a really long version, really short at the back and mega long at the front, one side shorter than the other, side parting, no parting, fuller fringe etc etc, the possibilities are endless!

Aside from that though, I think the best thing to do is think about how long you want to keep your hair, what kind of styles you'd be open to, and what you really don't want. Tell that to your hairdressers and flick through some hair magazines - I'm sure between the pair of you you can decide on a style that incorporates everything you want. :)
  • Options
    Half way down this page they have links to hairstyle galleries.
  • Options
    Part 2

Okie doke, I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for the chop ( I have taken my time about this :p)

I have decided against the Pob idea, and now I want some, so throw them at me!! ;)
  • Options
    where's the picture then! :razz:
  • Options
    ai, picture please?