Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gray Hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any tips on dealing with it? I've known about my gray hair since I turned sixteen (my mom saw fit to point it out on my birthday) and it kind of runs in my family. My aunt had gray hair when she was thirteen and she finally started dying it when she turned seventeen. Any tips besides pulling/cutting them out? I really don't want to dye it, but are there spot dyes like men have out there?

Comments

• Options
    Vanity is not a good quality in a person IMHO. I'm grey and proud, have been for years now.

however, I know that some people don't like it, so why not just colour your hair? The treatments are expensive and I understand not actually much better than colouring anyway...
  • Options
    However, gray hair isn't always a good quality for women. Men usually are respected when they have gray hair, but for women, it's usually not the case. Not to mention that I am not even out of my teens yet.
  • Options
    Nop but I've been exactly the same since I was 16. Have just learnt to deal with it really and put up. although they do seem to have got worse this year (although i'm 25 now) so I think they may start getting dyed when I start work and can afford in Sept. But sorry don't have any tips to offer. I was always told you if pull them out 5 more come in place though.
  • Options
    I'm 23 and grey at the sides. I use Just for Men and Grecian stuff, which keeps it at bay.

What they don't tell you in the adverts is that even after you start using Just for Men then the slagging gets a lot worse, for the simple fact that you use Just for Men :grump:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I'm 23 and grey at the sides. I use Just for Men and Grecian stuff, which keeps it at bay.

What they don't tell you in the adverts is that even after you start using Just for Men then the slagging gets a lot worse, for the simple fact that you use Just for Men :grump:

haha that made me smile, only if you tell them! if you dont tell em you use it the they'll never know :D

grey hair runs in my family really early too, im a bit paranoid and keep checking but ones not appeared yet!
  • Options
    If I were you I'd use a dye or leave it. MoK is right though, being too vain about your hair isnt cool. Just accept it and learn to love it! :)
  • Options
    Grey hair + henna = Wow!
  • Options
    Here's the thing, if I was actually enrolled full-time in a college and was halfway through or almost attaining a degree, it wouldn't matter much. It's just depressing to realize that I can't move out of my house and I can't legally buy alcohol, but I already have gray hair. I haven't even finished high school.