Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ManYoo 7 - 1 Roma

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Not that I'm an ManYoo supporter, but WHAT A FUCKING GAME OF FOOTBALL!! If they keep that up, they're going to massacre any team that gets in their way. Even Darren Fletcher and Gabriel Heinze played well. What a match.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think that anyone could have expected that. Fan-fucking-tastic.
  • Options
    Well done to the scum. Hopefully they don't play like that when we meet them in the CL final. ;)
  • Options
    unbelievable.

and essiens last minute goal.... godamn what a good night of european footy.

all about flicking between the 2 games.. :)
  • Options
    Scum were amazing, I'd happily donate one of my testicles to see us play like that just once. I don't like the bastards, but I found myslef being really chuffed for them and even texted my glory hunting little shit of a brother to pass on my amazement. Never a bad thing to see AS Scuumbag get beat either BTW.

Saying that, I think Chelsea's actual achievement was better. 3 English teams in the semis, two of which could still win the treble. Amazing end to the season coming up :yes:
  • Options
    absolutely fantastic, i'm over the moon. probably the best i've seen us play ever. most of the goals were peaches as well :)
  • Options
    I think that's as good as I've seen United play. That is how football should be played. This was against the team 2nd in Serie A. I think this really sends out a message to the rest of Europe about the strength of the Premiership.

United are reaping the rewards from having faith in young players and building a team around Ronaldo and Rooney. The only experienced senior outfield players today were Giggs and Ferdinand, but all the young players stepped up to the plate. It's all a far cry from seeing the team whimper out of the competition to AC Milan 2 years ago, and of course the travesty last season. Good to see Alan Smith score his first goal in 18 months. Carrick is also making alot of people eat their words.

As for Chelsea, well what can you say? They are a machine, and their never-say-die attitude is very admirable. I don't expect a great spectacle of football when they play Liverpool, but it will be an interesting tactical affair all the same. Hopefully United can get past the semis and set up a dream final with one of the two. This season is turning into a classic, on all fronts.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    This season is turning into a classic, on all fronts.

If United win the treble and Northern Ireland make the Euros then I wouldn't really want to be your liver, that's for damn sure :razz:
  • Options
    go man u total class,pity abouts chelsea thou lol,man u liverpool final!gotta say it was good to see alan smith back.
  • Options
    It certainly put a dampener in the spirit of the Roma twats who were so brave when they started throwing missiles at fans before the game. :D
  • Options
    Although I know nothing of football, someone who does said:

Isn't it nice that the man u squad (unlike chelsea) had a good bit of home grown talent - 4 english player and 8 british or something.

I didn't see the match, but definately good retaliation for the policio or whatever being twats :p
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Although I know nothing of football, someone who does said:

Isn't it nice that the man u squad (unlike chelsea) had a good bit of home grown talent - 4 english player and 8 british or something.

Man Utd had one more Englishman in their squad than Chelsea. ;)

Congrats to Utd. I only saw the goals, but that's the best way to ram it down the throats of those Roma twats just out to cause trouble. I hope those arrested get banned from ever watching football again, but I wouldn't expect the Italians to do anything about it.
  • Options
    Man Utd had one more Englishman in their squad than Chelsea. ;)

Yea, but of the 11 starters, 4 came up through the ranks. Giggs, Fletcher, Brown and O'Shea. I think that's the admirable thing, rather than nationality.
  • Options
    Love them or hate them there is no denying this United's squad is not only a superb one but also with lots of home grown and long-serving talented players.

Certainly more appealing than a team with far fewer home-grown or long serving players, and far more recent expensive imports financed by the limitless pockets of a dodgy Russian billionaire.
  • Options
    Anybody hear Cluve tyldsley's commentary last night? He was being extrememly patronising to Fletcher ("isn't it nice to see a Scot playing well?") and then started banging on about how there were only three Scots who played in the Premiership at the weekend.

Unfortunately he didn't say how many fat, obnoxious English commentators were playing in the Premiership in the weekend, so it's hard to make a comparison. Prick.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Anybody hear Cluve tyldsley's commentary last night? He was being extrememly patronising to Fletcher ("isn't it nice to see a Scot playing well?") and then started banging on about how there were only three Scots who played in the Premiership at the weekend.

Unfortunately he didn't say how many fat, obnoxious English commentators were playing in the Premiership in the weekend, so it's hard to make a comparison. Prick.
    yeah, he's a first class tool.

cant think of anyone good on itv
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »

I beleive he said Giggs was born in Salford. Ignorant tosspot!
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Love them or hate them there is no denying this United's squad is not only a superb one but also with lots of home grown and long-serving talented players.

Certainly more appealing than a team with far fewer home-grown or long serving players, and far more recent expensive imports financed by the limitless pockets of a dodgy Russian billionaire.

Totally agree. Whilst Chelsea are a good team (who wouldn't be with £x million to spend?), they play mind numbingly boring football. I wouldn't pay to watch them wheras Man U at least play good football and last night they played a blinder.