Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

obsessive compulsive liar

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i hate this more an more ppl i know are getting like this god i dont mind a white lie but what the hell grrr

Comments

• Options
    I hate when friends do it because they can't feel that they can tell me the truth. Who is doing it to you?
  • Options
    just alot of ppl i know right now an i hear storys frm both sides an i know who is f**king me over an i know it now an its just getting to me more these days than any other i am fed-up !
  • Options
    What's an obsessive compulsive liar? Somebody who just pretends that they need check the doors are locked ten times before the can go to sleep?
  • Options
    some one tht keep on to me this is what it is but tht is the short
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Probably just a compulsive liar, as opposed to an Obsessive compulsive liar.
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    obsessive compulsive
  • Options
    Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive, distressing, intrusive thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or "rituals") which attempt to neutralize the obsessions. Thus it is an anxiety disorder. It is listed by the World Health Organization as one of the top ten most disabling illnesses in terms of lost income and diminished quality of life.

I don't think that's what you're talking about.
  • Options
    Hehe, me and my friend pulled these two girls a few weeks ago, and since then they've been trying to get into us again, and we're not really interested. He came up with this huge elaborate reason why he can't go out with her, involving a 2 year old son and an ex. I just said, "Erm, I've already pulled someone else tonight, and I like her, so I'm going back to her now." My way worked better. But his way was far more entertaining.
  • Options
    It's terrible, even when you knwo they're lying, and tell them you know they're lying, they'll spin more lies instead of the truth.
  • Options
    Yeah cant stand liars, do my head in.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I know someone (one of my best friends actually) who lies about stuff that are pretty unbelievable... Things no one would believe really. I've never talked to him about it (being afraid of pushing him away) so I've no idea why he does that.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    What's an obsessive compulsive liar? Somebody who just pretends that they need check the doors are locked ten times before the can go to sleep?

Nah, it's the person who tells you that they've checked ten times...
  • Options
    I cant stand liers. The odd white lie is acceptable but to constantly feed me a pile of bullshit is the quickest way for me to not bother with you anymore.
  • Options
    It's funny sometimes, was a fella in halls last year and he talked the biggest load of shite ever. I couldn't keep a straight face talking to him. Of course there are also people who say malicious shit and they are unacceptable in my book.
  • Options
    lol i get it every day from people :banghead: :banghead:
  • Options
    Nah, it's the person who tells you that they've checked ten times...

Your attempted disambiguation was ambiguous :p

'[It's the person who tells you][that they've checked (that the door was locked)][ten times]'

:p
  • Options
    i dont mind much things, but i despise liars
  • Options
    me, I always tell the truth, even when I lie.