Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sunshine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well, I saw this other day, and I can just say it's not what I was expecting. I thought star trek sci fi save the world film. What I got was a thriller! You know those films that play havoc with your senses?

Anyway, seeing it at the cinema is immense, I was shaking afterwards :p just because of the intensity. It's a good film, go watch it :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, different to what i expected.

And gloriously so.

Im not ashamed to say i was almostmoved to tears by the end. Visually fucking stunning.
    Love it.
  • Options
    Didn't like it. Was trying too hard to be Solaris and fell on its arse.
  • Options
    Just came back from the Cinema after watching it...

There were only 4 people in the cinema :lol:

I kinda enjoyed the film, Was expecting something more along the lines of Armageddon though, Was good though
  • Options
    I didn't know what to make of it, and it seemed like the movie didn't either: a horror movie or a sci-fi thriller.

It seemed to borrow heavily from Solaris (like Kiezo said) but also Event Horizon.

You know, you'd think with all that money invested, the future of the human race in their hands etc etc, their psyche evaluations during training can't be up to much. I mean 'I spoke to God and he told me to kill all of humankind' doesn't exactly suggest a balanced individual to start off with, does it?
  • Options
    I imagine 7 years of being stuck on your own with the weight of the universe on your shoulders would fuck anyone up. lol

Besides, look at the doc on the Icarus 2...you could see the signs in him already....

I really enjoyed the psychological element of it all.
  • Options
    I imagine 7 years of being stuck on your own with the weight of the universe on your shoulders would fuck anyone up. lol

Yeaaah but he seemed to get ridiculous super human strength for no actual reason. Was pretty much good up til that point.
  • Options
    hmmm, maybe I'll go to the movies tomorrow.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Yeaaah but he seemed to get ridiculous super human strength for no actual reason.

Yeah fair point there.
    The conclusion of the film, i.e. the closer they got to the sun the weirder things got, i took to be like Cappa's explaination of what happens to the bomb as it enters the sun "all of time and space cease to do what theyre supposed to etc"...