Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got scars all over - on my legs, my face, my arms, my hands. I was just wondering if there's any good way of 'getting rid' of them, so to speak? I'm sick of them, I really am. They look ugly and I don't wear skirts because of the ones on my legs.

The scars are mostly from bites.

And I've used this oil called Bio-Oil, but it didn't seem to do much.

Suggestions??

Comments

• Options
    I think Vitamin E is supposed to be good for it?
  • Options
    I'll take a look into getting more of that into my system. More than usual, if I consume any at all. Not sure. :)
  • Options
    She didn't mean to take Vitamin E orally, but to use Vitamin E oil on your skin - you rub it into the scar and it's supposed to help with healing and conditioning.
  • Options
    *durr* of course. I'll look into it. Again. xD
  • Options
  • Options
    You could take vitamin E orally though, it is important for the formation of collagen and so if you took it orally and applied it to your skin in form of an oil or cream I think you would probably get some good results.
  • Options

I have that, but find it is so heavy and thick that I stopped using it! Are you getting good results?
  • Options
    How long have you brrn using Bio-Oil for? Everyone I know says that it does work; but you do need to give it time.
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    I have that, but find it is so heavy and thick that I stopped using it! Are you getting good results?

Aye. Alot of my scars have almost disappeared. I use it with Bio Oil as well though.
  • Options
    theres this like choclate oil ma borters uses for his stretch marks i dont know whats it is callled though hhhhhhmmmm dony know if it worked
  • Options
    I swear by two things...le mer creams and vitamin E cream. I used both together for the 3months before my wedding and i swear my skin has never looked so good since i hit puberty :p Only problem is the price of la mer creams (although you can get them on ebay cheaper...if you do decide to get it and its for your whole body buy the body CREME (not the lotion).

Also there is some sort of gel a friend of mine was given to put on her leg after she had an operation, i think it was a silicone or collagen gel...but that was amazing and she doesnt even have a mark where all her 20 stitches were.
  • Options
    personally, i think time is the only thing that will truely "heal" scars. Im covered in them from various escapades, but the majority of them have faded through time.
  • Options

I love that stuff. Has worked extremly well on the various scars I have. Vitamin E capsules are good as well. Both take a few weeks of regular use to really see a result though.
  • Options
    Found this thread really useful. Just wanted to ask where to get some of the stuff you guys have referred to, preferably online, trying to avoid going into town at the mo!
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    I've used Mederma before.
  • Options
    Defo recommend bio-oil - tho i seem to be adding to my scars more than tring to get rid of them :(
  • Options
    I've got scars all over - on my legs, my face, my arms, my hands. I was just wondering if there's any good way of 'getting rid' of them, so to speak? I'm sick of them, I really am. They look ugly and I don't wear skirts because of the ones on my legs.

The scars are mostly from bites.

And I've used this oil called Bio-Oil, but it didn't seem to do much.

Suggestions??

sorry was going to suggest bio oil.but if its tried and tested and you find it crap......
  • Options
    Kimono wrote: »
    I've used Mederma before.

:yes: My sister had mederma for her harry potter scar, I don't think she ever had surgery to remove it... not sure though, but you can't even see it anymore. and I've known others who have used it for surgical scars and it seems to work great. I've used a million things and Mederma is by far the best, and only thing to really help at all. Only problem is, the bottle is small. The two sizes are general sizes for the 3 month for 1 5 inch scar and the larger size is for 3 months for 1 10 inch scar or soemthing like that and if you have multiple, or a large area filled with them, I use about 2 a month.