Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nut Allergy and Chocolate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm after getting a friend of mine a nut free Easter egg for Easter because she's allergic to nuts. I don't know much about this though, she's the first person I've ever met who is allegic to nuts and it seems quiet bad. Where do you reckon is a good place to get them? I know Marks and Spencer have a nut free range but I bet the cost a fortune! I haven't really looked yet, so I will tomorrow or something, but any suggestions to put me on the right track?

Comments

• Options
    Thorntons, maybe..

Have you ever seen her eating chocolate? If you can remember which type it was, that'll probably confirm which type / bran she can eat :)
  • Options
    Is she allowed nut traces or not?
  • Options
    no, not nut traces at all.
  • Options
    Marks and Sparks are good and their labelling can be trusted in my experience. Unlike some supermarkets they don't label everything as 'may contain nuts'

Kinnerton's do a range of character Easter Eggs for kids (e.g. Fifi, Simpsons, Thomas the Tank Engine, etc) - you can get them from most supermarkets and are clearly labelled as nut-free. May not be big enough for your friend's appetite though :)

It's Nut Free are good for nut free goodies - http://www.itsnutfree.com - but the delivery time obviously gets in the way of using it for a spontaneous pressie.

Similarly, Fabulous Baking Boys make some nice nut free treats like muffins, chocolate cupcakes and the like. Also available from supermarkets, but perhaps not special enough for Easter?

Hope this has been of some use,

Alexis

http://www.peanutallergyuk.co.uk