Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phone interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It will probably be too late before anyone answers but has anybody had a phone interview? I'm so nervous. I can almost go to a in person interview without hyperventalating :p The temp agency I am with set one up with a publishing company and it really shouldnt' be nerve wracking considering I can be in my pj's watching cartoons and drinking while its going on but its new so its scary.

Comments

• Options
    I've had two - with the Royal Bank of Scotland and HSBC which I both passed.

Now, without further info about what exactly it's for, I'm guessing it's a competency-based interview which is basically when they ask you to give examples from your life of when you've displayed qualities x y and z.

These are, as far as I can remember, all the ones that I've ever been asked

Leadership
    Problem-solving
    Motivation (of self and of others)
    Influence on people / a situation
    Organisation of people / a project
    Research
    Persuasion
    Most challenging project / work
    Goal orientation
    Teamwork (Biggy)
    Communication skills / 'soft' skills
    Customer service
    Adaptability / Flexibility

Normally about 4-6 are asked so don't expect more than that. Basically you can bullshit and they normally don't mind if you use the same example to show different qualities as long as you explain it well and don't repeat yourself.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    how did it go?
  • Options
    The building even has a starbucks inside and they sell large coffee from 2-3pm for only 99 cents :heart::heart:

And thanks thunder, that was scarily acurate! It helped alot. Perfect timing ;)