Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The coolest thing your pet has ever done.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, there are a few stories about things my dog has done that were cool, hilarious, awesome (among other predicates), but I remember two on the top of my head.

When my mum waxed our parquet the floor was especially slippery and whenever my dad came home at evening my dog wanted to rush to him to greet him. He usually jumped up and started running, but made a running motion WITHOUT leaving the spot, because he had not grip with his paws on the floor, and the he always hobbled like a bunny over the floor to loose momentum before he slid for half a mile.

The second and better story is, when last summer on the Donauinsel (nature preserve like area in vienna, with the river Donau going through it), there were two chav-ish girls sun-bathing topless, and they had that little dog, race-wise probably very similar to my dog. So my dog walked over and played with the dog and wouldn't let me whistle him over to proceed with my walk, so I had to sit nearby, to watch over my dog and had to make conversation with two tanned nice breasted ladies :rolleyes: Sheeesh...

So, tell me stories about your pets!!!

Comments

• Options
    My dog Jack (rip) was always escaping and getting into trouble.
    The kids next door knocked one day and said "quick Jack's seen a cat and he's stuck" He'd only bloody saw cat on the park (the park had railings)ran for it through the railings and got stuck! We had to get one of the neighbours to fetch a jack to open the railings to get him out!
  • Options
    A friend had came down to borrow the teleporter one day and after he had gone we couldn't find the dog anywhere.

About 5 minutes later we got a call from that friend saying he was driving along the road when the dog just walked around the side of the teleporter and was sat on the side. He had to come back and bring her back, stupid thing.

That's probably not very funny but it was at the time.

I remember when she was a puppy she rang into a football goal net, tangled her self up and it took ages to free her again, i thought she was gonna get strangled.
  • Options
    say Strubs, what dog do you have?

my cat ate a live wasp once and drank a cup of wine.
  • Options
    say Strubs, what dog do you have?

my cat ate a live wasp once and drank a cup of wine.

thats an old pic of him tho, she's greyer now (even tho she's just 3 years now)
  • Options
    nice dog. :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not exactly my pet, but:

We used to feed neighborhood cats. Two of them were Napoleon and Negative, brother and sister. They were the ones coming for food more often.
    Napoleon used to be a very fat cat, but at some time we noticed he had lost a lot of weight. We thought he might be sick, but then we stayed to watch after leaving the food one day, and noticed that instead of gobbling down as much as he could like he used to, he was just taking a couple of bites then leaving.
    As we found out later, Negative was pregnant. He was letting her have all the food. :)

Napoleon was the smartest cat ever. I have other stories about him too.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    A friend had came down to borrow the teleporter one day and after he had gone we couldn't find the dog anywhere.

About 5 minutes later we got a call from that friend saying he was driving along the road when the dog just walked around the side of the teleporter and was sat on the side. He had to come back and bring her back, stupid thing.

That's probably not very funny but it was at the time.
    What's a teleporter? :confused:
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    mums tortoise had a habbit of wandering off when mum was little so they painted a red cross on her shell and their phone number with please return if found, 1 day she must have escaped somehow no one could find her anywhere till she eventually turned up in the xray department of the local hospital so god knows how she got there lol.
    Maybe she was a doctor in a past life and wanted to help :lol:

Imagine being a doctor there, raying a patient, and then a tortoise walks in. :lol:
  • Options
    my dog oscar has this habit when we're out for a walk with him - that he'll run really fast away from you, and then turns round and runs back at you.

usually when he runs towards you, he swerves at the last minute and misses by a few inches, before running away and doing it again. one time tho, my mum obviously wasnt paying attention to him, because right as oscar was going to pass by her, she stepped to the side in front of him, and obviously got knocked over!
    at first i found it rather funny because she literally went head over heels (my dog is quite large!!) but then i quit laughing pretty pronto because my mum had (as it turned out once we got home) sprained her wrist! which was quite bad :rolleyes:

also one time quite a few years ago - one of my dogs thistle (who is a shetland sheepdog and is veery shaggy) was playing with my cat lily in the garden. for some reason thistle must have annoyed the cat, because all of a sudden the dog yelped and bolted off around the garden - im guessing the cat scratched her?! :confused:
    however, when she ran off, the cat had obviously got its claws caught in the dogs' coat because she was dragged off too!! we had to run around the garden for ages trying to disentangle them :yeees: the cat soo wasnt impressed when we finally got her off!
  • Options
    What's a teleporter? :confused:

I knew someone would ask that.

Here is a picture

http://www.forklifts4sale.co.uk/images/Sanderson%20247TS-r.jpg
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I knew someone would ask that.

Here is a picture

http://www.forklifts4sale.co.uk/images/Sanderson%20247TS-r.jpg
    Oh haha, now the story makes sense. :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My dog often brings me squirrels. Sometimes moles, rats and rabbits too!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hope i wasn't the only one thinking it was something like this:

JLA_teleporter.jpg

I was impressed how you managed to sound serious about your friend just popping around to borrow it for a while though, i almost began to think they were real... :confused:
  • Options
    lol, it had me baffled too!

why the hell do you have one anyway?
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    mums tortoise had a habbit of wandering off when mum was little so they painted a red cross on her shell and their phone number with please return if found,

Lol :lol: this is funny.

My sisters guinea pig was the dumbest thing ever. It did not live in a cage, but just in that plastic bowl the cage is always set up onto. So it's world basically consisted out of this blue bowl-like, um... bowl and it would NEVER out of it's own will come out of it, like it was afraid of falling down at the edge of the world like in medieval times, lol.
  • Options
    One of our cats George has issues. He is a mental cat. Anyway a doctor came over to see my brother and George was a kitten at the time. While the doctor was talking he kept flicking his pen from side to side. Suddenly the 'adorable' kitten couldn't control himself any longer and lunged himself at the doctor who then shrieked.

Ermm another of our cats Psyche is pretty dappy and one day I suspect was feeling low so decided to top herself. Anyway she was on our 2nd floor and outside of the window on the ledge. She 'slipped' and was holding onto the ledge by ONE paw. We didn't even realise and had forgotten we had left the window open. Our desperate neighbours were at the bottom of our house holding a sheet open for her if she fell...Was a funny sight and terrifying. Anyway Psyche changed her mind because she obviously remembered the good things in life like chicken and clambered back to safety.
  • Options
    One of my Dad's cats was fantastic. She had this obsession with sitting on people's laps... you would be sat down for five seconds and then suddenly realise you had a sleeping cat on your lap and no memory of her appearing there. If there were several laps to be sat on, she always pick the biggest, squishiest one :p She also had this great look while she was assessing which lap to sit on.
    When my sister was a baby (I have a little sister who is 8 now), dad had come in with her asleep in the carseat, and put her down in the living room on the floor to go and attend to something in the kitchen. He heard some noises, so he went back into the living room to discover the cat asleep on my sister's lap (who was still asleep and blissfully unaware of the cat sat on her!). He took a photo of it and I have a little version of it on my chest of drawers :)
    One of the lovely things about it is that the cat died a few months later (old age) and that was the last photo ever taken of her, which just totally sums her up :D
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    lol, it had me baffled too!

why the hell do you have one anyway?

I live on a farm so it comes in handy for moving bales or whatever else.
  • Options
    We have a chinchilla who, if you put him on the bed would just jump off - actually, I think a few of them did that.

Sometimes, if you go to give one of the dogs a treat, he will sit down and offer you his paw.
  • Options
    My kittens are quite cute. The first thing that they do which is funny, is bring you worms - they're still quite little so they haven't moved on to fast things like mice or birds, they just get worms :)

The other thing which was quite funny is when i accidentally shut Ninja in the washing machine. I was putting on the laundry before going to work and i was distracted because my other kitten (Indy) was trying to lick up some washing powder i'd spilled. I stood up, chucked some washing tablets into the machine, shut the door and turned on the machine. I stood there to make sure it was going round and working and stuff, and suddenly thought 'why's there something orange in my whites wash?!' I bent down and there was a kitten in the washing machine! Which by this time was going around and filling up with water. I turned the machine off and was trying to get it open, whilst yelling for my boyfriend, but the machine wouldn't open because it had the automatic door lock on, and all this time Ninja was sitting there yowling at me with an upset and grumpy expression on his face (and all his fur stuck to him because he was wet!). Ben EVENTUALLY came downstairs to help me, and couldn't stop laughing at what had happened, then casually leant over and opened up the washing machine as the door lock had come off at that second - i'd been sat there tugging at it for ages! Ninja went running off and hid behind the sofa, so we grabbed him and dried him off. I was going to take him off to the vet but he wriggled out of my hands and went and ate his food, so i didn't think there was that much wrong with him!