Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

School Holidays

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For those of us with jobs, what annoys you about school holidays?

I'm asking this after getting back from lunch two days in a row without being able to get the food I want because they've sold out. :grump:

Comments

• Options
    The kids who knocked on my door twice this afternoon, one saying, "Sorry, brushed up against the door." Yeah, right.

Why can't they just stick to the new fad of setting fire to wheelie bins, inhaling the fumes and letting Darwinism sort them out?
  • Options
    Nothing.

Kids will be kids. :yippe:
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »

Why can't they just stick to the new fad of setting fire to wheelie bins, inhaling the fumes and letting Darwinism sort them out?

:lol: that's wild!
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »

Haha, love it!

Personally nothing, I can get to work in about 45 minutes, instead of 1hr 15min because the roads aren't full of parents taking their fat lazy "adorable" little kids to the school 3 roads away.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Nothing.

Kids will be kids. :yippe:

Ah, but it's not just the kids. I find that the retards that don't have a clue how to drive come out all day, rather than usually being restricted to the school run. I start work at 11, so I'd normally miss them. I swear to God the standard of driving on the roads goes to shit during the holidays. Had two people on my way to work this morning who indicated the wrong way, and one that went 20mph all the way down the road in front of me (I'm not very patient) and then went through a red light. This sort of shit never happens normally.
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Personally nothing, I can get to work in about 45 minutes, instead of 1hr 15min because the roads aren't full of parents taking their fat lazy "adorable" little kids to the school 3 roads away.

I got to work in NINE minutes this morning. Normally it takes over 20. And there was a severe lack of unobservant blonde women in 4x4s trying to kill me :yippe:
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »

Now now, I'm sure little Cosmo and Petunia get their exercise by hopping into the 4x4 ;)
  • Options

Come on, you're not that old. Stop being such a grump! :p
  • Options
    For those of us with jobs, what annoys you about school holidays?

I'm asking this after getting back from lunch two days in a row without being able to get the food I want because they've sold out. :grump:
    I love the school holidays. But then that's one of the perks of my profession! ;) If I'm honest though, I would prefer it if they could lock the kids up. It would be nice if I didn't have to let the neighbours kids traipse through my house 4-5 times a day to get the ball that they've knocked over the fence.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Come on, you're not that old. Stop being such a grump! :p

I can't help it, it's my talent in life. I'm gonna be like Dylan Moran by the time I'm 25.
  • Options
    I get to work in about 2/3 of the time in the mornings in the holidays. The annoying kids lounging over the bus and taking up two seats instead of one peeves me but notinh else really does.
  • Options
    work being so busy we run out of towels
  • Options
    school holidays rock, no waking up early in the morning, plenty of roller skating, eating cakes, hanging out at the park... what more could a person want for?
  • Options
    I don't mind school holidays, it's so much quicker to drive into work.

It can make work a little more difficult though because all the schools are closed so I can't contact any of them about any news or photos.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Nowt.

I am also on holiday :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm just waiting for the first time a commute to work will be delayed due to "children on the line/children throwing bricks at trains/children playing chicken/abusive children on trains".

Great.
  • Options
    TBH, I hate the school holidays as nearly all the children are in town. No matter what time it is. And it's much worse during the holidays than it is in a Saturday morning.
  • Options
    Why do you think I am going into childcare?
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Why do you think I am going into childcare?

:yes:

I've just passed my final exam, looking for a job in a school:yippe: :thumb:
  • Options
    It empties the streets a bit, can't be bad. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    :yes:

I've just passed my final exam, looking for a job in a school:yippe: :thumb:

good luck. :)

a forest fan i see...:p