Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

airbrushing???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody know much about airbrushing?

I might have lined up some work designing and airbrushing (not photoshop) mountain bikes and helmets. Im good at drawing / painting/ etc etc. done 3 years graphic design at uni and 3 years college. The guy really likes my work, but I (naively) assumed he meant photoshop airbrushing not actual airbrushs. I am also into bikes myself and have a good style for this work.

My question is, will I be able to pick airbrushing up quite easily and is there any problems I should be aware of?

Probably a silly post really, im just worrying cos this sounds like my perfect job right now.

Comments

• Options
    practise.
  • Options
    Yea, I would say practice, it can be hardish to pick up in a way. But you'll soon get the hang of it. I tried it a bit and was rubbish :p.
  • Options
    you will want blends, fades, sharp lines, fuzzy lines, fat, thin, stencilling, the art of cutting in. note the different inks and their pigmentation. practise and you'll be fine. knowing how to get a sketch from paper onto a 3d object is a bit of a skill too. I don't have any specific airbrush advice as I ditched mine about 12 years ago and can't remember, but the above will probably apply.
  • Options
    My dad used to airbrush cars, he had a big old compressor thing (:confused: ). Anyway I remember he used to put barrier cream on his face and fingernails to stop the paint staining. Thats the only advice I have...pathetic I know.
  • Options
    thanks for that.;)
    katralla wrote: »
    you will want blends, fades, sharp lines, fuzzy lines, fat, thin, stencilling, the art of cutting in. note the different inks and their pigmentation. practise and you'll be fine. knowing how to get a sketch from paper onto a 3d object is a bit of a skill too. I don't have any specific airbrush advice as I ditched mine about 12 years ago and can't remember, but the above will probably apply.

ive been looking into the basics. i have experience cutting and using stencils, and i understand about the different inks and colouring. i have also designed 3d objects and their patterns, so i think i could be quite good at this. cheers:)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Practice, as said, and ALOT.

It's easy enough once you get the hang of it.