Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pregnant - after 2 days?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had sex on monday, we started off using a condom but after she told me she was on the pill it soon came off.

Did the business.

Late this afternoon she started throwing up and being ill. She'd due on tomorrow or the day after.

Can she be pregnant so soon? She's been on the pill for 3 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    i always thought you had to be on the pill for a full month and have a bleed before it was effective??
  • Options
    i always thought you had to be on the pill for a full month and have a bleed before it was effective??

Yeah..I thought they said you have to wait a month, and use another form of contraception with it within that month.....don't know a lot about pregnancy, but 2 days seems pretty early to be showing signs!!

You say she's been on the pill 3 weeks...if you don't mind me asking, did you use a condom every time before she went on it? Because surely it's more likely she's become pregnant from another time...
  • Options
    The pill is effective after a week.
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Yeah..I thought they said you have to wait a month, and use another form of contraception with it within that month.....don't know a lot about pregnancy, but 2 days seems pretty early to be showing signs!!

You say she's been on the pill 3 weeks...if you don't mind me asking, did you use a condom every time before she went on it? Because surely it's more likely she's become pregnant from another time...

She could be described as 'loose' - she went with another guy (no condom) a day before me.

(btw I'm not judging her - if she's guilty of anything then I'm equally guilty)

It was the first time we did it, and previously to her being on the pill she was having a sexual relationship with the bloke she went with the day before me and that was without any kind of contraceptive apparently.
  • Options
    She could be described as 'loose' - she went with another guy (no condom) a day before me.

Are You insane??
  • Options
    If she's due on tomorrow the egg should already have implanted in the womb wall and won't have been fertilised by your sperm. Pretty sure your 'most fertile' period is about 2 weeks before your period. 2 days pregnant is ridiculously early to start showing signs. It took me six weeks!

If she's 'loose' as you say, i suggest you don't rely on just the pill. The pill doesn't protect against sexually transmitted infections, unless of course you're partial to a dose of the clap, then carry on as before :)
  • Options

(btw I'm not judging her - if she's guilty of anything then I'm equally guilty)

It was the first time we did it, and previously to her being on the pill she was having a sexual relationship with the bloke she went with the day before me and that was without any kind of contraceptive apparently.

Then there's yer answer really!! Think it's very unlikely if she's showing symptoms now that she's pregnant by you.....it's more likely this other fella...sooo...if that's what you're worried about, you're probably in the clear!
  • Options
    Surely the most likely thing is that she's got a stomach bug or has eaten something dodgy?
  • Options
    If she's due on tomorrow the egg should already have implanted in the womb wall and won't have been fertilised by your sperm. Pretty sure your 'most fertile' period is about 2 weeks before your period. 2 days pregnant is ridiculously early to start showing signs. It took me six weeks!

If she's 'loose' as you say, i suggest you don't rely on just the pill. The pill doesn't protect against sexually transmitted infections, unless of course you're partial to a dose of the clap, then carry on as before :)

Good answer :yes:
  • Options
    Are You insane??

I only found out about it this evening.
    If she's 'loose' as you say, i suggest you don't rely on just the pill. The pill doesn't protect against sexually transmitted infections, unless of course you're partial to a dose of the clap, then carry on as before

Absolutely, I've played a very risky game and I deserve anything I get but I'd rather deal with the issue of a possible pregnancy first.
    kaffrin wrote:
    Surely the most likely thing is that she's got a stomach bug or has eaten something dodgy?

Most likely - I'm just paranoid as fuck by nature.

Thanks for all your input though - I guess we'll see in the next few days if she comes on. I've offered to pay for a pregnancy test but she's refused.

The thing is, if she is up the duff then it could cause a lot of hassle for my family (apologies for sounding selfish there but until I know more this is how I'm feeling...) as I'm against abortion (although ultimately it's her call) and if the child turns out to be mine then there's no way I could live my life as a stranger to it.

Of course, I could just be worrying over nothing...
  • Options
    I only found out about it this evening.

Absolutely, I've played a very risky game and I deserve anything I get but I'd rather deal with the issue of a possible pregnancy first.

Most likely - I'm just paranoid as fuck by nature.

Thanks for all your input though - I guess we'll see in the next few days if she comes on. I've offered to pay for a pregnancy test but she's refused.

The thing is, if she is up the duff then it could cause a lot of hassle for my family (apologies for sounding selfish there but until I know more this is how I'm feeling...) as I'm against abortion (although ultimately it's her call) and if the child turns out to be mine then there's no way I could live my life as a stranger to it.

Of course, I could just be worrying over nothing...

I'm sure if she is pregnant theres no way the symptoms will show after 2 days. Is she is, from what you've said, it will be the other fellas.

I'm sure GPs etc recommend waiting 1 week when on the pill, so if shes remembered to take it you should be fine - however, be careful mate - seems an easy way to catch something nasty, or worse than nasty.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    I'm sure if she is pregnant theres no way the symptoms will show after 2 days. Is she is, from what you've said, it will be the other fellas.

:yes:.
  • Options
    agree with everything already said. If she is pregnant and showing signs already, such as morning (or othertime) sickness- it's not yours. The other issue you need to address, as already said, is the possiblilty of picking up or passing on STIs by unprotected sex.

The pills I've heard of offer protection against pregnancy after a week of taking the pills as directed, although this is, I *think*, dependant on what stage of her cycle she started taking them.
  • Options

Doesn't it depend on which pill?

With Microgynon I had to take it next time round I had my period. So on the first day of my period I took it and it's effective immediately.
  • Options
    I think for my set of pills, it depended on whether you were a "first day of your period" or a "Sunday" start. Like the first day start was protected within a week but the Sunday start were strongly recommended by the documentation to wait till the second pack.

I think ovulation can technically occur any time, it just usually happens with two weeks before the period. Two days does seem too short for morning sickness.