Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Aggressive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mate's gf said I'm an aggressive person and that I should just be me because people like me.

The thing is, what does she mean by this? I'm boistrous and playful a bit, but never aggressive and I really don't have a mean bone in my body.

Now I avoid these guys because I feel ashamed.

Comments

• Options
    Namaste wrote: »

Why? Fuck them, you are who you are and that's that, no reason to feel ashamed.
  • Options
    My mate's gf said I'm an aggressive person and that I should just be me because people like me.

The thing is, what does she mean by this? I'm boistrous and playful a bit, but never aggressive and I really don't have a mean bone in my body.

Why don't you wall them up and ask them what the fuck they are talking about?

;)
  • Options

I wouldn't believe everything bad that someone says about you. Has anyone else complained that you are 'too aggressive' or is it just this one girl?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Why? Fuck them, you are who you are and that's that, no reason to feel ashamed.

:yes:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    I wouldn't believe everything bad that someone says about you. Has anyone else complained that you are 'too aggressive' or is it just this one girl?

:yes: Personally if it was just this one girl, then I wouldn't be bothered by her comment and just forget about it.
  • Options

Just her...
  • Options
    If its just her making the comment then either try and ignore her and get her to explain why your 'aggressive'. Sounds like it might her problem rather then yours.
  • Options
    Just her...

Yeah. If she's your 'mate's girlfriend' then how well does she really know you anyway?? Don't even give it another thought :)
  • Options
    Yeah. If she's your 'mate's girlfriend' then how well does she really know you anyway?? Don't even give it another thought :)

:yes:

TBH, I would only question her (and anyone else) if several people said that about me.
  • Options
    Maybe... I have a very boyish personality, but I rarely say anything bad towards people (though sometimes I take the piss outta her girlfriend and wind her up)... I don't understand how I am aggressive because I'm the last person to ever slag anybody off. Yeah, I swear like a trooper, but that's it.

I don't see how I am not being myself because I'm not a soft touch, nor am I a girly girl.
  • Options
    Maybe... I have a very boyish personality, but I rarely say anything bad towards people (though sometimes I take the piss outta her girlfriend and wind her up)... I don't understand how I am aggressive because I'm the last person to ever slag anybody off. Yeah, I swear like a trooper, but that's it.

I don't see how I am not being myself because I'm not a soft touch, nor am I a girly girl.

Well if she's a girly girl, maybe she's only encountered really girly girls before, and feels a bit intimidated by you because you're something outside of that, which isn't your problem at all...it's hers! Shouldn't worry. :thumb:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Well if she's a girly girl, maybe she's only encountered really girly girls before, and feels a bit intimidated by you because you're something outside of that, which isn't your problem at all...it's hers! Shouldn't worry. :thumb:

That would make sense. I'm a boyish girl as well, and girly girls dont seem to like me either for some reason. Probably bcause I have very little in common with them. Just be you and people will like you for that.