Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Removing hair on arms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have dark hair and like to remove it from my lower arms, have tried a few different methods. Which is the best? I don't like shaving as it can leave them feeling rough when it grows back, hair removal cream tends to stink!

I know you can get bleaching kits but think blonde hair would just look silly on my arms.

Comments

• Options
    My housemate used to swear by waxing hers, said it didn't really hurt and was much more effective than hair removal cream - waxing lasts that much longer. I suppose you could do it yourself if you were brave enough? Otherwise you'd need to pay someone to do it.
  • Options
    Waxing. Or do you mean permanent hair removal?
  • Options
    WAXING....why do you even need to ask :p and don't believe people who tell you it hurts.

Or for a more permanent option, laser is the way to go.....but that feels like a rubber band being snapped on your skin....over and over and over and over etc, it hurts a little more on ingrown hairs and it KILLS on bones.
  • Options
    i have hair on my arms. i just leave there. nice and natural
  • Options
    Apologies for slightly hijacking the thread but:

I have some scars on my arms. Is it alright to use hair removal cream or waxing on them?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Apologies for slightly hijacking the thread but:

I have some scars on my arms. Is it alright to use hair removal cream or waxing on them?

Depends how recent they are. Hair removal cream should be fine as long as the wounds are fully healed, waxing isn't recommended if they're particularly serious scars until 6 months after they've healed.
  • Options
    Cheers. They're not that serious, but some of them are only a few weeks - one month old.