Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hp pavilion dv6000 recovery?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, no idea why this isn't working cos brother insists he's done nothing wrong to it. turns on fine, chucks itself to start in safe mode, normal mode etc as if an error has occured but when selected the option goes to windows loading screen only to restart itself, rinse and repeat. since hp laptops don't come with discs to recover anymore but only give an option for the user to make their own disc (while the laptop is WORKING may i add) i don't think there's anything i can do? help please :/

Comments

• Options
    HP laptops can get a bit tricky - specialy with out the discs (only if you've made them)

I know for a fact! that there is a partition called HP_Recovery and if you boot into it, you can restore your laptop back to Factory settings, but you will lose all your files i.e music, pictures, videos + important coursework!

What you could do is get a Windows XP Disc, boot into it and try repair the computer, sometimes it works sometimes it dont.

If not then you can go into more detailed stuff if you badly need your files
    then you can take the HD out, use a converter to connect it to a PC and copy your files off.

Although the method above takes time.
  • Options
    i'm on the PC recovery by pressing f11 on start-up quickly, it's going tremendously slowly but it may work. it's fairly new so there's no work on here, and it's my mum's anyway. fingers crossed and any more advice in the meantime? x
  • Options
    This time, make a copy of your system:)