Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It was a WOW concert

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I saw Mew in NYC a few days ago and was blown away by their performance. They sounded amazing and had awesome effects. My favorite effect was the light show!! It put me in a trance. Mew is still touring North America so go see them asap!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Mew are motherfucking AWESOME. Shame only about one person I know has actually heard of them.
  • Options
    Just found their myspace and they sound good.
  • Options
    Mew are ace. the last album had a proper dodgy cover tho, like some 80's reject band.
  • Options
    Kieran just play them to your mates. That's what I did, and they all love Mew now. Even my mum loves them FFS.

I'd love to see Apocalypso and The Zookeepers Boy live like. Would be unspeakably great.
  • Options
    The majority of my mates are musically retarded. As well as actually retarded as the only people that will hang about with me are people in wheelchairs.

Anyway, any of you clowns like Pure Reason Revolution? (Sorta) the same kind of music, but awesomerer.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »

Anyway, any of you clowns like Pure Reason Revolution? (Sorta) the same kind of music, but awesomerer.

I downloaded The Dark Third a week or two ago but I've not actually listened to any of it.
  • Options
    I downloaded The Dark Third a week or two ago but I've not actually listened to any of it.

I command you to do it right now. The whole way through, like. It's one of those albums that needs to be listened to as a whole.
  • Options
    The majority of my mates are musically retarded. As well as actually retarded as the only people that will hang about with me are people in wheelchairs.

i wouldn't have linked them together but i love PRR. got the dark third album and the ep before it. In Aurelia is a cracking tune.
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    i wouldn't have linked them together but i love PRR. got the dark third album and the ep before it. In Aurelia is a cracking tune.

I linked them together more as in, fans of one usually like the other. Would love to see them live D: The one guy I said I knew that liked Mew got to see PRR support My Vitriol in London a few years back, dick.

On a tangent, heading down to London at the end of May to see My Vit with him and a few others, hurrah!
  • Options

You are so not PC :p
  • Options
    Mew was great as well as Oh No Oh My. Overall the show was amazing. All my favorite songs were played and the light show was great. Is anyone going to any other concerts soon? I’m going to see The Fray next month.
    http://www.myspace.com/mew
    http://www.myspace.com/ohnoohmyband
    http://www.myspace.com/thefrayforum
  • Options
    Lions and tigers and bears, Oh My. Sorry that's all I can think about now after reading the band's name Oh No Oh My. :)
  • Options
    As well as actually retarded as the only people that will hang about with me are people in wheelchairs.

Yeah cos only losers talk to us disabled people :sour:
  • Options
    No, but only disabled people talk to us losers.
  • Options
    Still sounds offensive whichever you put it but fine.